“Great location and choice for a "suite" type hotel in downtown Ottawa”

Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn for 3 nights in late October. It was my wife, son, and I there on a combination of business/leisure. Overall, we enjoyed staying at this property. The location is great, about an 8-10 minute walk to the Rideau Centre and Byward Market. You really are in the middle of it all at this hotel.

Check-in was easy, although some may be confused by the fact that the main lobby is actually on the 4th floor of the building. The room we were assigned was nice and included all the ammenities we needed for our stay. I will say that this particular Residence Inn ranks lower than others I have stayed at in terms of "decor", for example the appliances are older/smaller/white whereas in Moncton for example they are more modern stainless steel. We found the best value at this property to be the breakfast which is included. It was excellent.

Overall, a great stay and I will likely stay there again on my next trip to Ottawa. I personally think it is the best value for money and location for a suite hotel in that particular area of downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear newf1982,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Ottawa! Your feedback is extremely valuable for both our hotel, and future guests.

I am happy to see you had a great stay, and our great location and spacious suites met your needs. Our breakfasts are very popular, and help create additional value for guests travelling to Ottawa.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests, and we hope to see you again in the future. For any questions or upcoming stays, it would be my pleasure to help. I can be reached at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com.

Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went there in July with our kids one of which was visiting from California... She had never seen Ottawa... We chose this place because it accepted our 4 legged family member... We get there after a 4 hour drive to find that they gave away our suite...they did find us another hotel "les suites" we contacted corporate and received a free nights stay...we used it this weekend and I have to tell you even free I will never stay there again!!! You hear every water running every toilet flush and the suite was not even a suite .....it was obnoxious how noisy it was...don't walk away RUN!!! Les Suites was less expensive more centrally located and QUIET!! We used our FREE night and stayed for 2 and it was $300 and the only add on was a $38 bottle of wine!!! Don't walk RUN!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NMarie A
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear NMarie A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow TripAdvisor members.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our General Manager will be in touch with you to speak to you about your concerns.

Take care,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good hotel, spacious rooms, pets allowed. Parking right under neath of the hotel. A little bit tight and overpriced, but convenient. Stuff is excellent. Brigitte is the best! Breakfast is nothing special but OK.

Dear sxd9mm,

Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa!

I am pleased to see that our staff did their best to ensure you enjoyed your visit and that you found our rooms and hotel comfortable for your stay. I will be sure to let Brigitte know that you appreciated her service!

If you had anything you wished to speak to me directly about regarding this stay, I would be happy to hear from you. I can be reached at douglas.crosbie@marriott.com or by phoning 613-231-2020.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had stayed at several other hotels in Ottawa but this was my first time at the Marriott Residence. The suite was very large, well maintained and had all the amenities that I needed. The high speed internet really was high speed and the fitness facility had everythign that I was used to using. What I thought was the best? - staff was really freindly and helpful, the buffet breakfast had a great variety and was well provisioned and the location was outstanding. All in all I'll be back on my next trip to the capital.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nick D,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to Ottawa.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that our amenities, location and spacious suites helped you to make the most of your trip. At Residence Inn it is our goal to ensure our guests feel as though we are their home away from home.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I don't know what everyone is complaining about! The room was clean and very spacious. Yes, the décor is a bit dated but who cares. You're not living there (well maybe some people are as there is a full kitchen in some suites). The location was excellent and the staff at the desk were great, especially Stefan. We walked everywhere and did not have a car during our stay but we didn't need one. Very centrally located. Also, we enjoyed the stay simply because the room was very quiet. Nothing worse than hearing doors slamming throughout the night or hearing noise from the hallways or outside. For the price and the fact that breakfast was included, we feel we got a great deal and were not disappointed.

Dear yybgal

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa! We appreciate your kind words, and I will be sure to let Stefan know how much your appreciated his help.

Our spacious suites allow our guests to spread out and relax during their stay, and our central location makes us an excellent home base for any trip to see the sites in our great city!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our room was good, clean and well serviced. We were in a room on 12th floor and the view was good. The hotel is located close to major attractions as well as city, river and canal tours. About 15 min walk to Byward Market, under 10 min to Parliament Hill and about the same distance to Rideua Canal & Ottawa river. Breakfast was good and they continued to replenish. I am so sorry I did not write down the names of a couple of the desk staff to give them recognition but everyone there was helpful and nice. My husband and I would certainly recommend this hotel. We stayed here for a long weekend in mid-Sept.

Dear Kathy G

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa during your recent visit to our city.

I am happy that our location and services met your needs for your long weekend trip, and that we helped in part to making your weekend a success.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is clean, quiet, friendly and centrally located whether business or tourist. The accommodations are more a small apartment than hotel. There's a full separate kitchen, living room, bedroom and a small dining area. A decent breakfast is included as well as a snack three evenings. The snack could do as dinner if you're a light eater. There's a small excercise area near the pool. Both are clean and well maintained. At $154/night its a reasonable value. The touristy things, Parliament Hill, By ward Market, Rideau canal, etc are all within walking distance. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Its right downtown so forget the view. All the rooms are quiet.