“Great location, clean hotel”

Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto
“Great location, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a family (4 adults/2 kids) in a suite. We have booked thru booking.com, which gave us the price for the whole group, and were surprised when the staff informed us that the maximum number of people included in the rate is 2 adults/2 kids, and we would need to pay extra for the 2 additional adults. This situation was resolved amicably by the manager.

The location is great, and the Parliament is just a short walk away. If you want to get the free tour tickets, my advice is to get there at least 30 min before the counter opens, otherwise the line is long and you may be out of luck.

The parking is $21 a night, underground, with ample space, although it may use a couple of extra mirrors around the tight corners. The breakfast buffet is included, and is good, but not breathtaking - just what you would expect.

The suite is clean, and has everything that you expect. It even has a free packet of popcorn, which can be popped in a microwave. The fridge and stove are nice if you want to cook your own food. The pool is not huge, but a good size, and not too cold.

Overall, I gave this property 4 stars, as it is not something beyond our expectations, but I have nothing bad to say about this place. We would stay there again if the price is right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Kozm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I do apologize about the booking confusion upon your arrival. We are taking steps to correct these situations so that we can avoid what occurred during your stay. Thank you very much for your patience during that time.

I am happy to see that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your visit to Ottawa. If you would like to discuss anything for a future visit or further details about this stay, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope to surpass your expectations in the future!

Doug Crosbie
douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

When traveling with young kids and grandma as well, this was the perfect location to see downtown Ottawa and the market area. The rooms were very spacious and the kitchen area was perfect for preparing any snacks. The cleaning staff supplied extra towels and a blanket when requested and the front desk & maintenance staff were very prompt in responding to our calls about a water leak from the suite above ours. We were very happy with the resolution of the leak issue.
We don't typically spend a lot of time in our hotel rooms, but we were happy to know there was a peaceful place to go to at the end of the day, accommodating our group of 5 in one suite.
The breakfast was good, with plenty of options to satisfy everyone. The staff in the eating areas worked very hard to make sure that the tables were cleaned and food items replenished.
It was a holiday weekend during our stay, so the hotel parking lot got full. This was not an issue since there are a couple of public parking options close by.
Keep up the good work! It was a memorable trip for our family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Mari_TanTO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff and facilities helped towards an enjoyable weekend. I am extremely pleased to see that we were able to resolve your issue with the leak in a timely and satisfactory manner. While we try to avoid all problems, unfortunately things do happen. We train our staff to respond efficiently to all situations, and I’m glad to see that the training is creating the results we expect.

We hope that if you return to Ottawa again in the future, we can continue to provide a memorable experience for you and your family.

Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good downtown location - close to parliament & market area. Breakfast was great with staff refilling continually so food was fresh and hot. Front desk staff very helpful with tips of things to see, times, and directions. Parking was kind of expensive - but not any more so than other downtown properties. Room was very nice and roomy--but view was of other downtown buildings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Catherine_S_14

Thank you for the kind words regarding your visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa. Feedback of any kind is extremely valuable, however as a Guest Services Manager, it’s always more satisfying to read about enjoyable stays.

Parking in Ottawa is limited and we are happy to be able to offer it as a service at the property. We are competitively priced based on our full in/out privileges which is not always available in other parking garages.

If you have any further feedback or information you would like to pass on to me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to see you again in the future!

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel's location is great. It is only several blocks away from parliament buildings. The staff at front desk was very friendly and she informed us there was a light and sound show at 9 :30 pm in front of the parliament and it turned out it wad a great experience.

The room was clean and quite big. After checking out of the hotel, I realized that I forgot to print a map and I went back and asked front desk staff and they allowed me to use their own office and computer to print the map since business center was full.

Dear Tom T,

I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed your visit to Ottawa. The sound and light show is certainly a highlight for many guests, and I’m glad that you were able to fit it into your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. If you wish to speak with me regarding any aspect of your stay, please feel welcomed to contact me by any of the means of communication below.

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is very well located, in Ottawa’s downtown. Plenty of restaurants around. The rooms have good size, comfortable and clean. The staff is very kind and helpful. The breakfast is good. They offer good quality internet in the rooms for free. They offer parking for CAD 21/day, which I find very expensive! By the way, I had paid for the parking and when I arrived at night, in my second day at the hotel, there was no place to park. I had to park in a public parking located one block from the hotel (under the city hall), which was only CAD 3.5/day (during the weekend). The hotel refunded the amount I had paid for the parking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear C_Avelar,

I want to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your recent stay in Ottawa.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience during you stay. I am pleased to see that our staff were able to meet your needs and helped you with any questions you may have had.

I do apologize for the parking situation that occurred. The parking garage on some weekends can be quite busy, and we always have a list of alternatives if it becomes full. It is a shared parking garage and we try our absolute best to ensure we find parking for everyone that requires it. Fortunately there are some options close by for situations like yours.

If you wish to discuss anything about your stay with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Can't beat the location, a couple of blocks from Parliament and everything downtown.
Spacious suites, full kitchen, nice breakfast (not Embassy Suites, but very nice), free wifi (worked well), self park $21 a night is reasonable. ). Our room was recently refurbished (as the whole hotel appeared to be. ) Not many restsurants open on weekend, the sushi across the street is excellent, Phi (around the corner). was very disappointing.
Staff very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear cararro,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide valuable feedback from your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in downtown Ottawa.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the downtown location!

If you had any feedback about Phi, I would be happy to provide it to their management and ensure that they can improve in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will pass along any comments.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stopped for 1 night on our way from montreal to algonquin park.
We found a good solution: a large room with 2 queen beds plus an other room with sofa bed.
very clean and fantastic breakfast. very central as position 5 minutes walking from parliament
price performance ok

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roberto z
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Roberto z

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa. It was a pleasure to read your review and I am happy that you were comfortable during your stopover in our city.

If you have any further feedback, or would like to discuss this or any upcoming stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the details below. I hope that the remainder of your trip is going as well, or better!

613.231.2020 x4004