“Disorganized”
Review of Dows Lake Pavilion

Dows Lake Pavilion
Ranked #31 of 267 things to do in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: Large pavilion on Dows Lake with restaurants and a marina that serves as a year-round recreational center.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disorganized”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I took a trip down to dows lake to go for a paddle on the kayaks.
Coming up to the service counter a smile couldn't be found. On a beautiful day like today I couldn't see how that would even be possible. After we had filled out our info we were not told what to do or where to go just give us your money and figure it out for your selves.

Once we figured out who was sending us off in the kayaks (we rented 2 tandems) I couldn't see 2 that were there. I asked why and the women said to me "well u get some you loose some" umm excuse me ? We were told we get 2 tandems. I saw that there was 1 tandem and 2 singles so suggested since they sent off our other kayak can we take the singles out instead and pay the same? We got a snotty "well I guess so". Getting help into the kayaks wasn't a pleasant experience. Simply a "get in" and no direction as to what the best way to get in would be. Not even a have a nice time. Just a shove in the right direction and that's about it.
Coming back was the same experience. Nothing .. Not even a hello.. Just get out and that's all.
It seemed to be all students so I wouldn't expect amazing service but to feel like you're being a bother isn't a great way to spend a nice day out on the water.
Will not be giving these people my money here again.

Visited July 2013
10 Thank Sims7891

Ottawa, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Kayak and paddle boat rental in Ottawa.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ok this place you can rent a kayak or paddle boat by the hour and then if you go have something to eat in one of the 3 on site restaurants ,you get two hours parking when the restaurant stamps your receipt. I liked the Mexican style restaurant ,guadalaharrys . I liked the natchos I had there.

This review is more about the kayak and canoe rental place. I don't recommend it at all, because the equipment if so used and worn out ..... The paddle boat was very awkward to paddle and it was constantly taking on water. I had to return 20mins earlier because the boat was sinking. I complained but got no discount instead I was told the paddle boat was sinking because my friend and I was too heavy. :( Anyway its not my favorite place for that experience but if your from out of town its something to do.

Visited June 2013
13 Thank Tony T
Carleton Place, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“View”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

As seniors we found this to be very busy place to be
Very crowded-loud- however the food is quite good
But the closeness of the tables we are not comfortable with
But it is worth going to - just to see the view around the area
Mr.Mrs.K.L.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hilary L
Hamilton, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Multiple visits, any time of year is great”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Summer- beautiful view of the lake, opportunity to take boat rides. Went on Victoria Day several years ago and enjoyed fireworks from the Mexicali Rosa's patio up on the higher level, there was a show near the water and boats lit up at night- a wonderful experience. In the winter, you can have dinner then take a skate and drink some hot chocolate. The restaurant choices are nice and appropriate for many occasions- going out with friends, romantic dinner, work lunches, etc.

Saskatoon, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Worth A Visit”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Took some family pictures with the tulips. Watched the ducks and boaters. Attended a small carnival across the street. Very nice outing.

Visited May 2013