“A perfect spot to cool down in the summertime”
Review of Gelatini Gelato

Gelatini Gelato
Ranked #23 of 74 Dessert in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Gelatini Gelato, we strive to keep our ingredients fresh and our clients happy.Located smack dab in the middle of Preston St, Gelatini Gelato is a great spot to grab dessert after dining out at one of the many restaurants, or just on one of those hot summer days to cool down. With 16 flavors of gelato, we are sure that you will find what you are looking for. We change our flavors often, so be sure to come on by.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If your're not a regular consumer of such a decadent desert, it's a very intense gelato experience, but well worth the stop. There are so many different flavours to choose from it is almost impossible to decide what to try first. They make the gelato right there with real fruit, nuts, etc., so I think the flavour is more true than what you taste from store-bought immitations.

If it's a hot day and you want the ultimate cool-down, this is a wonderful way to do it!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I work right opposite this place but every time I would pass by, it seemed closed or empty. Almost 2 years just went by like this until we had a party at work where they ordered the gelato from this place. It was incredible. The chocolate hazelnut was one of the best flavours that I had tried. I finally went in and tried their pistachio and tiramisu flavours. They were outstanding. The pistachio gelato was bursting with flavour and did not have the artificial green colours like most other ice creams/desserts. We used to frequent Piccolo Grande before but this place is surely my new favourite now. They even do take home tubs, so I plan to treat my family and friends to it soon. Will definitely be back to try more new flavours! And the service is very warm and friendly.

demanche, Owner at Gelatini Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks for the feedback Filmi

We are working on adding some new signage to make the place more lively.
We get busier in the evenings, but have recently started opening earlier in the day.

We are planning on adding sandwiches using our own dough recipies (baked in-store) within the next few weeks.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you are looking for an authentic Italian gelato, this is the place. They've managed to stick to the good old fashioned ways of simple ingredients in order to make a wonderful gelato. You are not going to get an overly sweetened desert here, just the good stuff made from real fruit, nuts, and whatever else. They even scoop your ice cream in artisan fashion with the classic Italian "paddle" - no perfectly shaped round balls from this place ! You will have to go to Italy to get anything more authentic !

1  Thank Sergio D
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Here you will find gelati of phenomenal quality not seen elsewhere in Ottawa. I recently discovered this unasuming small shop thanks to an older article in the Ottawa Magazine website by Anne DesBrisay titled "Cold Comfort" dated July 27 2012. I tried all other gelato places in Ottawa. This shop has the best gelato!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I thought Stella Luna had great gelato...that is until I came upon Gelatini and tried the gelato there. What can I say? I'm a fussy gelato eater who loves fruit flavours (not sorbets) and nut flavours. Bits of pistachio in the gelato catapulted it over the top...little pieces of the blood orange in the Champagne Blood Orange with its fluffy texture made me feel like I was floating...
I'm never eating gelato any where else in Ottawa.