“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Highly Recommend this hotel, located right downtown, everything you need is in walking distance. Rooms are huge and offer every amenity you need (dishwasher, washer, dryer, fully stocked kitchen) Bed was comfy and great views of the city.
The bistro in the lobby was great for a quick breakfast and coffee in the morning and the staff was very friendly and accommodating, Housekeeping even called up to see if I wanted my room cleaned as I had the DND on the door.
Great for business or leisure travel and I will definitely be staying at this hotel on my next trip to Ottawa!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 133SeasonedTraveller
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to post such a fabulous review regarding your recent stay with us! We try to ensure our guests feel at home with our services and amenities offered. I also thank you for your kind mention of the Presse Café located in our lobby. Once again, thank you for your review and your continued patronage!

Ottawa Tourism’s 2012 Star Property of the Year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, QC
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Pet friendly, full sized kitchen, good sized suite, comfortable bed, within walking distance to several fabulous sights in downtown Ottawa! Also close to a grocery store... Had a fabulous stay! Only minor complaint is that you hear the street noise, but otherwise it is a wonderful place to go - we were able to have some family and friends come for a meal while we were there. Great home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay with us! Our suites are certainly large and well-equipped for hosting dinner parties. Because we are a downtown location, there will be noise emanating from the street. In future, please do contact our Reservations Team and request a “courtyard view” suite to minimize any type of noise intrusion. Once again, I thank you for your review and look forward to hosting you again in future!

Stanhope
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great hotel and centrally located. Wonderful staff who made you feel welcome. Suite was perfect for .us. Loved the kitchen facilities and the washer and dryer were a bonus as we were travelling with a baby. Cafe on main level was handy for the little extras. Will definitely stay here again when travelling to Ottawa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Audrey F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review regarding your recent stay with us, especially noting our wonderful Team Members! As the father of a toddler myself, I know the value of having a washer/dryer in the suite. I look forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Lovely helpful staff, but also complete freedom especially over car parking (without having to go through valet parking), and big well equipped suites that also promote freedom (full kitchen, utility room etc). LIke having an apartment in the city! Excellent location. Very pleasant pool with a view, indoor so open all year round. Useful café on ground floor, if needed. Functional balcony. Very good for longer trips; we stayed a week and could happily have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding your recent week-long stay with us! I’m pleased that you enjoyed your suite with all of its amenities. Our location is fantastic – within walking distance of the majority of Ottawa’s attractions. Our indoor pool is always a hit with families and its southern exposure overlooking Arts Court is beautiful. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you and your family again on your next trip to Canada’s Capital!

Toronto
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband is here on business so I stayed here for a week with my 6 month old. Our first room was quite dated with a weird odour and a washing machine from the 1970's. Rickety brown machine that was broken (rinse cycle was hot water).

Front desk was superb and switched us to a room with a new washing machine -- A fantastic GE with temperature control and extra large capacity. I did laundry every day (cloth diapers) and it was superb. The new room was also much cleaner, without any funky odours, and newer furniture and carpet.

If we had only ever seen the second room, I would have thought this to be an amazing hotel but I am sure some travellers will end up in the outdated and smelly rooms which is probably why not every review is amazing.

The only issue we had is regarding parking -- 2nd floor has ramps. One day, I ended up on the 3rd floor and had to lift the stroller up some stairs to get to the elevator. It would have been nice to have some signage warning me about that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of your most recent stay at the Hotel! You are correct in noting that there are two types of suites at the Hotel. Our Traditional Suite, which you originally booked, is still a great value. Our more modern Premiere Suites feature updated décor, furniture and appliances and I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay! Because quite a number of our guests make use of the suite kitchens, there will sometimes be lingering odours and I do sincerely apologize. The garage attached to Les Suites does have a ramp located on the 2nd level for easy access for those with wheelchairs and strollers. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you and your family again in one of our Premiere Suites!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This would be a great choice for business travelers that will be staying a few days or more in one city. My suite was very spacious and offered lots of room to move around. I was only there one night and didn't feel like I really got to fully use the suite! Rooms are clean, although showing some age. The fitness center is small and a bit outdated. A real plus is the location -- near the restaurant district, the Parliament, and great sopping -- all within a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: I was on the 16th floor and had a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay with us noting our spacious and clean suites. For your next stay, you may prefer to reserve one of our more modern Premiere Suites rather than the Traditional Suite that you stayed in. Our location is fabulous for both business and leisure guests alike – walk wherever you want to go! Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The welcome was friendly and we were directed to the tenth floor where we were greated with a large, spacious room complete with a view of the city from the balcony.
We had requested a rollaway bed however this had not been delivered - however a quick phone call to front desk had one sent up almost immediately.
Laundry facilities were avaliable in the room which was convienient, and whilst we did not have the time to use it much; the kitchen was well equipt to eat and drink from additionally the Swimming pool and whirlpool were a good size and had a great view out of the side window.

The hotel was located maybe less than 5 minutes from the main nightlife of the city and this made getting back at nice very easy - for seeing the city sites, it was also well located and for going further afield the adjoining carpark was reasonably price though the low ceilings caused us to hit the door of our SUVs trunk on arrival.

Would certainly recommend this to anyone visiting Ottawa for a stay of any length and would certainly be my first choice if I return to Ottawa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review noting that Les Suites would be your first choice if you ever return to Ottawa! I’m pleased to know that you enjoyed your suite and all the amenities the hotel and our surrounding location have to offer. The parking garage next to Les Suites does have a height restriction. Should your vehicle not fit, our Front Desk Agents can refer you to other nearby parking facilities. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!