“Business turned very pleasurable ”

Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband had to go to Ottawa for business again so this time I tagged along. He had stayed at Les Suites previously so booked again due to proximity to downtown & the Market so I'd be close to everything. Great choice. Walked everywhere. Felt safe treated very well by all staff. Front desk very helpful. Size of suite was awesome. More than we needed - didn't get to use washer & dryer! Used pool & hot tub tho & was great. Would have liked a lounge in hotel but walked next door to Novotel lounge which was awesome too. Fresh air was likely a good idea.
We will be back!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an awesome review regarding your recent stay with us! First-time guests are always amazed with the size of our fully-equipped suites, our amenities, our fabulous location and our friendly and helpful Team Members. I look forward to hosting you and your husband again on your next trip to our Nation’s Capital.

There are newer reviews for Les Suites Hotel Ottawa

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A perfect place to stay for a family or a group. It is right by Bytown and all the restaurants. Walking distance to the Parliament buildings and the National Gallery makes the location hard to beat. You could even walk across the bridge to the Museum of Civilization - a museum not to miss. The website describes it perfectly and the photos are good. Three of us had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with a well-equipped kitchen and washer/dryer, and a living/dining room with a balcony. One of the bedrooms had 2 queen size beds. The only hitch was that they wouldn't guarantee I would get the 2 bedroom with 3 beds, 2 bath until the last minute. The 2 bedroom, 1 bath with pull out couch in the living room, cost the same. Puzzling.

As with all Ontario hotels there is 13% HST (VAT) added to the advertised price. They also have a 3% tourist tax or business development tax, added to that. Don't know why tourists have to pay to bring more business to the businesses. There was also .39% and I forgot to get an answer as to what that was. So add 16.39% to advertised cost. There is very convenient parking attached to the hotel for $20 a day. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. They answered pre-trip emails promptly. The cleaners ran the dishwasher and kept the place very clean. There was a breakfast place in the lobby, but we did our own breakfasts. So all is all, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your group’s recent stay with us! Our location is second to none with the Byward Market, Rideau Centre, Parliament Hill, museums and other Ottawa attractions within a short walking distance. Thank you also for your kind mention about our helpful Team Members – we are always at your service!

I do understand your comments regarding our two-bedroom suites. Because there are several different floor-plans of our one and two-bedroom suites, we are unable to guarantee the layout but we do our very best to accommodate guest requests.

The 3% Destination Marketing Fee on your invoice is a tourism levy supported by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport and is an important tool for tourist destinations to use to fund their tourism marketing and development requirements. This levy is a common practice throughout Canada and abroad. Should you require further clarification of your invoice, please do contact us.

Once again, thank you for your excellent review and I do look forward to hosting you and your friends again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was upgraded to a two-bedroom suite (even though I really didn't need it). It was beautiful and HUGE! I had a full kitchen with everything I could need to make my meals (though a blender would be a nice addition to the small appliances). It was close to everything (walking distance to Rideau Center and Byward Market). Overall my favorite hotel to stay at in Ottawa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent review – thank you! Our two-bedroom suites are approximately 1,000 sq. ft. and I’m pleased you enjoyed it. Our location is perfect – our guests can walk to the majority of Ottawa’s attractions, the Convention Centre, DND Headquarters, etc. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

You absolutely cannot beat this location, central to just about every thing Ottawa. However, the room is dated, furniture uncomfortable, the light over the dining room table didn't work and to keep the shower curtain from clinging, a curved shower rod would be nice. What I found the most surprising is that even though there's a pull out couch, there's no additional bedding in the room! No sheets, no blanket, not even an extra pillow. Sure you can call the desk and have some sent up, but really... Also, it was very noisy, with a constant parade of emergency vehicles racing up and down the streets and all the area construction in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor rooms, away from elevator and on the back side of the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review noting our excellent location! Because of our location in the downtown core, there will be noise emanating from the street. For future stays, please do contact our Reservations Team and request a “courtyard view” suite to minimize any type of noise intrusion. Although our Traditional Suites are still a good value, you may prefer our more modern Premiere Suites which feature, updated décor, furniture, appliances, curved shower rods, etc. I am disappointed that the sofabed was not made upon your arrival as this is not a Les Suites’ standard. Team Members will certainly be re-trained. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Overall I had a nice stay here on a business trip to the University of Ottawa. As many others say, the location is wonderful with easy access to the university and a multitude of restaurants. The spacious room included a sitting area, a bedroom, and a very large kitchen. I was happy enough with the furnishings since I'm not fussy about such things. The free Internet was slow but free slow Internet is better than being charged an exorbitant amount. I was able to get my work done after my meetings. I had some difficulty in adjusting the heat since the change from air conditioning to heat wasn't automatic. The only other problem was not being able to change a travelers check to get a bit extra cash since I was low on Canadian funds. Doing so was against corporate policy.

Room Tip: Some rooms are much larger than others. One member of my party got a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review noting our excellent location and spacious suites! Our complimentary internet is more than enough to read emails and surf the net and we do offer a premium service. In future, please do contact our Switchboard should there be anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable (i.e. heating/cooling in your suite). You are correct in noting that we do not cash travellers cheques but we do accept them as payment. I do hope our Front Desk Team was able to direct you to a nearby financial institution. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Ottawa Tourism's 2012 Star Property of the Year

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let me first say that I love the location of this hotel. A couple of blocks to the Byward Market, one block to the Rideau Centre, easy walk to Parliament Hill, Art Gallery, an absolutely great location for a visit to Ottawa. Friendly and helpful staff. The concept of having a private bedroom with sitting area and functioning kitchen is a great idea. The rooms are in need of an update, the sheets and bathroom are clean but the carpet and couch has seen better days.
The rates are good so would I stay again? ... I think I would because of the location but I would love to see it get refurbished! If you're looking for posh this might not be a good choice for you.

Room Tip: Rooms are the back of the hotel are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review regarding your recent stay with us. I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our great location, spacious suites and friendly, helpful Team Members. For your next stay, do try our more modern Premiere Suites which feature updated furniture and appliances. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Ottawa Tourism's 2012 Star Property of the Year

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked in with several others in a group. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was great. Two bedroom, two bathroom and a laundry room (which was a very nice surprise ). Very clean and well equipped. It's right downtown, just a block from the market. I have stayed in several Ottawa hotels but this has been the nicest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us! Yes, the laundry room is always a surprise for first-time guests and does come in handy – no need to pack dirty clothing for your journey home. Once again, thank you for your review and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa.