“Beautiful suite and great location”

Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was upgraded to a two-bedroom suite (even though I really didn't need it). It was beautiful and HUGE! I had a full kitchen with everything I could need to make my meals (though a blender would be a nice addition to the small appliances). It was close to everything (walking distance to Rideau Center and Byward Market). Overall my favorite hotel to stay at in Ottawa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent review – thank you! Our two-bedroom suites are approximately 1,000 sq. ft. and I’m pleased you enjoyed it. Our location is perfect – our guests can walk to the majority of Ottawa’s attractions, the Convention Centre, DND Headquarters, etc. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Ottawa Tourism’s 2012 Star Property of the Year

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

You absolutely cannot beat this location, central to just about every thing Ottawa. However, the room is dated, furniture uncomfortable, the light over the dining room table didn't work and to keep the shower curtain from clinging, a curved shower rod would be nice. What I found the most surprising is that even though there's a pull out couch, there's no additional bedding in the room! No sheets, no blanket, not even an extra pillow. Sure you can call the desk and have some sent up, but really... Also, it was very noisy, with a constant parade of emergency vehicles racing up and down the streets and all the area construction in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor rooms, away from elevator and on the back side of the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review noting our excellent location! Because of our location in the downtown core, there will be noise emanating from the street. For future stays, please do contact our Reservations Team and request a “courtyard view” suite to minimize any type of noise intrusion. Although our Traditional Suites are still a good value, you may prefer our more modern Premiere Suites which feature, updated décor, furniture, appliances, curved shower rods, etc. I am disappointed that the sofabed was not made upon your arrival as this is not a Les Suites’ standard. Team Members will certainly be re-trained. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Overall I had a nice stay here on a business trip to the University of Ottawa. As many others say, the location is wonderful with easy access to the university and a multitude of restaurants. The spacious room included a sitting area, a bedroom, and a very large kitchen. I was happy enough with the furnishings since I'm not fussy about such things. The free Internet was slow but free slow Internet is better than being charged an exorbitant amount. I was able to get my work done after my meetings. I had some difficulty in adjusting the heat since the change from air conditioning to heat wasn't automatic. The only other problem was not being able to change a travelers check to get a bit extra cash since I was low on Canadian funds. Doing so was against corporate policy.

Room Tip: Some rooms are much larger than others. One member of my party got a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review noting our excellent location and spacious suites! Our complimentary internet is more than enough to read emails and surf the net and we do offer a premium service. In future, please do contact our Switchboard should there be anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable (i.e. heating/cooling in your suite). You are correct in noting that we do not cash travellers cheques but we do accept them as payment. I do hope our Front Desk Team was able to direct you to a nearby financial institution. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Ottawa Tourism's 2012 Star Property of the Year

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let me first say that I love the location of this hotel. A couple of blocks to the Byward Market, one block to the Rideau Centre, easy walk to Parliament Hill, Art Gallery, an absolutely great location for a visit to Ottawa. Friendly and helpful staff. The concept of having a private bedroom with sitting area and functioning kitchen is a great idea. The rooms are in need of an update, the sheets and bathroom are clean but the carpet and couch has seen better days.
The rates are good so would I stay again? ... I think I would because of the location but I would love to see it get refurbished! If you're looking for posh this might not be a good choice for you.

Room Tip: Rooms are the back of the hotel are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review regarding your recent stay with us. I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our great location, spacious suites and friendly, helpful Team Members. For your next stay, do try our more modern Premiere Suites which feature updated furniture and appliances. Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to host you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Ottawa Tourism's 2012 Star Property of the Year

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked in with several others in a group. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was great. Two bedroom, two bathroom and a laundry room (which was a very nice surprise ). Very clean and well equipped. It's right downtown, just a block from the market. I have stayed in several Ottawa hotels but this has been the nicest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us! Yes, the laundry room is always a surprise for first-time guests and does come in handy – no need to pack dirty clothing for your journey home. Once again, thank you for your review and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Les Suites has historically been my go-to for any business in Ottawa. What I’ve always liked about the hotel is that you pay for a hotel room, but get an apartment. Each room pretty much comes standard with everything you would expect in such a situation – a full kitchen, dining / living room area, bathroom and a bedroom. The suites also have flat screen TVs in both the living room and bedroom, with the bedroom TV having an accessible HDMI port. Wi-Fi is free and the signal strength was very good.

But what keeps me coming back – and this may seem odd – is that each room has a washer and dryer. The ability to do your own laundry cannot be under estimated, especially when you can start up a load, go out for diner, and return without having to worry that your clothes have been sitting in a communal machine. Once your stuff comes out of the dryer, you’ll then find that the ironing boards are in decent shape and the irons aren’t covered in crud that looks like they were used to toast grilled cheese sandwiches.

For those on business, the hotel’s location is conveniently within the downtown core and close to a lot of the government offices. If you need one, you don’t have to worry about having to find a cab, as one is pretty much always stationed out front. Once they depart, the next one drives up from the local taxi waiting area around the back of the hotel.

For tourists, the hotel is within a five-minute walk of local attractions such as Parliament, the Rideau Canal, the Rideau Centre Mall and the ByWard Market. For those looking for a little more of a hike, there’s the Canada War Museum (2.7 km) and the Museum of Civilization (2.3 km).

Finally, there tons of dining options in the area – too many to list – with the closest Tim Horton’s located within the Rideau Centre (always important). However, if you want to cook food yourself on your room’s stove, there’s a grocery store on the corner of Rideau and Cumberland. And if you want to wash that food down with something besides the drinks from the vending machine, there’s an LCBO beside the grocery store for all your booze-needs.

All-in-all, if you’re looking at a short stay or an extended stay, you can’t go wrong. I didn’t use parking on this visit, but the lot is pretty standard for a downtown hotel. The hotel is also pet-friendly, so expect to see the occasional dog riding the elevators with you. Petting is optional.

Room Tip: Expect some street noise since the hotel is in the downtown core, so higher is better.
1  Thank Hootbag

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review describing many of the amenities our hotel has to offer and our awesome location! Ensuite laundry facilities are always appreciated by our guests so there is never a need to pack dirty laundry. Thank you also for your room tip regarding the downtown noise. For future reservations, you may wish to ask for a “courtyard view” suite to minimize any type of downtown noise intrusion. Once again, thank you for your very detailed review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canada’s Capital!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here 2 years ago on one of the higher floors and it felt so disgusting, filthy and old. Like grandma just died there a few weeks ago and it was vacant since.I was reluctant to stay here again but I saw the reviews seemed better and I'm glad I did. The location is unbeatable and the room I stayed in (5th floor) had all new furniture and bedding.
The only negative about this place is the fitness room- it is tiny, hot and has no air.
Otherwise, i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in downtown Ottawa. It is clean, nice, convenient. Will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank TSaleswoman
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our Premiere Suites (more modern décor, newer furniture/appliances, pillow-top mattresses, etc.). Our hotel is known for our excellent location, clean suites and friendly and helpful Team Members. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!