2,116 results
All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen rideau centre byward market great location two bedroom suite parliament hill home away from home laundry room within walking distance own meals lots of space parking garage dining table living area two blocks pull out couch
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Service and staff was excellent. The only thing I did not like was a surprise fee for something I am still not sure of on my bill. Other then that no complaints at all. They even gave us a free upgrade.

TIP: book way in advance, like over a month or more early. Rates are practically slashed in half.

Location was perfect walking distance from everything.

Would I go back : Yup!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review with tips regarding your recent stay at the hotel! I appreciate you mentioning the excellent service you received from our Team Members – they make it their mission to ensure a guest’s stay is memorable. Please do call the hotel and ask to speak with the Duty Manager regarding the fee noted on your bill that you are unsure of. Our toll-free number is 1-800-267-1989. Once again, I appreciate your excellent review and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

A friend and I decided to check out Ottawas Canada Day festivities this year (Hey, why not?) This hotel was recommended from a friend who lives in the city.

We stayed in suite #1607 from June 29th to July 4th.

We arrived around 930pm from Vancouver and had to be at work for midnight (We have an office in Ottawa that we had to work a couple of nights while we were there)

Well, check in could have been a disaster. Turns out neither of us had a "valid" credit card, we choose to not have them and have prepaid Visas instead. I spoke with the hotel a couple of times beforehand and was assured this would be fine. However, when we got there, the lady at the desk almost turned us away. After 6 hours worth of flights and layovers I was *not* impressed, especially knowing I had to work in a few hours and all I could think of was a hot shower.

It took about half an hour but the manager on duty that night let us stay with an extra deposit. (Thank you so much, I didnt grab his name, but this was so helpful)

On to the suite... its definitely showing its age, but was very clean, and very convenient. Anytime we needed something, we received it within 30 minutes, and for a hotel so large, and so booked for Canada Day I was more than impressed. The only time we had to wait was when we called for another comforter in the morning, after 45 minutes we realized that the staff may have thought we needed it for the night, and not 11am (We work graveyards, so it was bedtime) Another brief call and it was there within minutes. Same as when we needed a spare toothbrush and some extra wineglasses)

Our patio looked over a lot of the festivities and I even had a view of the fireworks from my balcony!

The cafe downstairs has some of the best paninis, pecan pie and customer service Ive ever experienced. After only our second visit they seemed to remember us and were so friendly!

I have a lot of friends in Ottawa, and spend a bit of time there, I wouldnt hesitate to stay at Les Suites again!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessie G
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Jessie-Lyn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a good review regarding your Canada Day stay with us! With our north-facing suites, the spectacular fireworks can be easily seen. As with the majority of hotels in Ottawa, a valid credit card in the guest’s name is required on check-in. Re-training will certainly be provided to the new Front Desk Team Members regarding VISA debit as we do not accept these in place of a credit card. I’m pleased that our Duty Manager was able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

I do understand your comments regarding the Traditional Suite that you reserved. Although these Traditional Suites are still an excellent value, you may prefer to reserve one of our Premiere Suites in future (more modern décor, updated appliances, pillow-top mattresses, etc.).

Thank you for also complimenting the Presse Café located in our lobby. I will be certain to forward your favourable comments to the owners and their District Manager.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to our Nation’s Capital!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had stayed here many years ago and the hotel is still comfortable, just outdated. It could use some fresh paint but in all it was fine to stay in. Our room consisted of a full kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. We had requested a king bed when we booked but it wasn't available so we settled for a queen bed. The elevators were hit and miss - 2 didn't seem to work very well when we arrived. The biggest complaint is the parking garage - very old and run down, They were working on the sprinkler system when we came in but the garage itself seemed dingie. The location of the hotel is excellent! 5 minute walk from the Byward Market or Rideau Center. Would stay again and would recommend. Cost of our stay was $180/nt. Parking is $20/day and internet is free. If you want to do a lot of downloads they offer a premier internet service for a fee.

Room tip: We tried to request King bed but it didn't work.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding your most recent stay with us. Our location is second to none – a five minute walk to shopping, some of Ottawa’s best restaurants, the historic Byward Market, museums, etc. As you may not be aware, the parking garage next to the hotel is owned by a separate company. For the past 3 weeks, contractors have been working in this garage including replacing drains and the sprinkler system piping. More improvements are expected in the near future. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and hopefully we will have one of our Premiere King Suites available for your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is definitely the city to be in on Canada Day. They know how to celebrate! It was a sea of red and white in Downtown Ottawa. The concert on Parliament Hill was amazing! The hotel was clean. Our room was fantastic. Very close to everything downtown in Ottawa. Across the street from the mall! Walking distance to a lot, Parliament Hill, Byward Market, Beaver Tails! There's a pool that the kids enjoyed but there was one pool guy that hung around for the last hour that the kids did not appreciate....he thought he was the "lifeguard on duty" when there was "no lifeguard". Kept telling the kids what to do (or not). That should be the parents' responsibility. All else was fine.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the Canada Day experience with us at Les Suites Hotel, Ottawa.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future,

2012 Star Property of the Year Award - Ottawa Tourism

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked this hotel on-line as part of a larger trip to French Canada - partly based on Tripadvisor reviews so thanks for that, folks! Hotel is very close to Bywater market and to the Fairmont hotel and the canal. Nice big, clean rooms and friendly staff. Good pool on the 5th floor if you fancy a dip. Taxi to the airport from here cost us just over $30. Rooms all have fridge/freezers, microwaves, sink and cooker - and they are apartment sized suites - you could quite happily live here for a period without feeling cramped. There is a café on the ground floor that do a range of coffees and snacks if you don't feel like making breakfast yourself.

You are also right next door to the Rideau centre which is a big shopping mall with food court - and there's also a place near to 'Les Suites' enrance where you can pick up some very nice muffins, salads and sushi if you're not really bothered about properly eating out.

Would happily stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank Chris T
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay with us. Our clean, condominium-sized suites offer separate living and sleeping areas, 5 appliances, a fully-equipped kitchen and windows that open for fresh air. Thanks for also mentioning our friendly Team Members who always ensure our guests have a fabulous stay. Once again, I appreciate your excellent review and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa.