Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
  • Fitness center
$267
$198
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Breakfast included
$146
$133
1,891 results
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchenrideau centrebyward marketgreat locationtwo bedroom suiteparliament hilllaundry roomhome away from homewithin walking distanceown mealslots of spaceparking garageliving areatwo blocksstreet noisepull out couch
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent one night in a 2 bedroom suite. Check in took 25 minutes as there was only one person at the front desk and a long line up. The manager was busy with a security issue and couldn't help. The suite was spacious enough but worn and could use some upgrading in decor. Musty smell permeated the rooms. Convenient location - could walk to dinner at the Byward market. The package included breakfast in the hotel cafe which was basic - a croissant or muffin, and coffee. Paid extra for a full breakfast which was still skimpy. Very poor service in the restaurant. Check out on Sunday morning was a nightmare. The elevators were beyond slow and only 2 were working. It took 20 minutes to be able to get on an elevator going down. Overall, a disappointing stay. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel and I truly apologize for your lengthy check-in experience. This is certainly not the norm. You are correct in noting that our Duty Manager was dealing with a security issue at your time of check-in and was unable to assist you at the Front Desk. I’ve noted that with our concession operator, Presse Café, your experience was less than stellar. I frequently meet with the Owners of the Presse Café and their District Manager to review guest comments and I will forward your comments to them for discussion. For approximately 10 days last month, one of our three elevators was out of service. Its repair was delayed due to the province-wide Ontario Union of Elevator Mechanics strike and I truly apologize for this inconvenience to you. Once again, thank you for your review – it is only through guest comments such as yours that we can continue to improve our operation. I would like the opportunity to host you again in future and if you do change your mind, please contact me directly at 1-800-267-1989 and I will personally make your next reservation.

Ottawa Tourism’s Star Property of the Year

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a converted apartment building. We had a full kitchen. The rooms are very clean. The hotel is conveneintly located near the downtown and the Bytown Market. I would stay here again.

only criticism,and it is a small one, is that the elevators are slow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YKexplorers
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed our fully equipped suites and our convenient location. The hotel is a perfect base for sightseeing as we are a five minute walk to the Rideau Centre (180 stores and services) and the historic Byward Market which is Ottawa’s number one tourist attraction (local farmers' market and artisans with over 260 stands, as well as over 500 businesses, including some of Ottawa’s best restaurants). For approximately 10 days last month, one of our three elevators was out of service. Its repair was delayed due to the province-wide Ontario Union of Elevator Mechanics strike and I truly apologize for this inconvenience to you. Once again, thank you for your review and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel lost our reservations due to problems coordinating with the race weekend interface.
The suite was extremely noisy, not at all what we need before racing a half marathon and a marathon. We got to sleep around 4:30 AM due to the noise from the street, clubs, etc.
The bed was not comfortable, the matress is clearly very old and worn.

To top it off, 2 out of 3 elevators were out of order. Imagine having to go up 10 stories after running 42k!

When we checked out, the person at the desk assured us we would not be charged anything else. Then, a week later, I find that both credit cards have bee charged, so we have in fact been charge twice for the same night.

Never coming back to Les Suites, and I recommend you find another place to stay. Even though its the lowest advertised rate we found, there's no saving to be done with them if they charge you twice!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sophie L
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay on the Ottawa Race Weekend. You have my sincerest apologies regarding the billing error and as per your conversation with our Guest Service Manager last week this has been resolved. Re-training has been provided to the employees in question.

I do understand your frustration with our elevators. Having one of our three elevators down during the Ottawa Race Weekend, one of the busiest times of the year, was certainly not ideal. Unfortunately, the Ontario Union of Elevator Mechanics has been on strike since May 1st. As a result, service calls within Ottawa are being handled by management of the elevator company and are being prioritized based on an emergency basis.

Because we are located in the downtown core, there will be noise emanating from the street. For future reservations, please do call our Reservations Team and request a courtyard view suite which will minimize any type of noise intrusion.

Although you have indicated that you do not wish to stay with us in future, I do hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly at 1-800-267-1989 and I will personally make your reservation.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Les Suites Ottawa was a great stay. We stayed here over the Ottawa Race Weekend, and were really happy with the perfect central location. It's nice to be right in the market and by the Rideau mall. The suite was perfect. Nice King bed in the bedroom, the pullout on the couch was actually a decent size and comfortable, and we were able to get a cot for our 4th person no problem. No complaints at all about the actual room, it was great.
The price was a little steep (for me anyway) but I think all hotel prices would have been pumped up for the Race weekend. Also, trying to get an elevator was a NIGHTMARE. But once again, that is due to the overwhelming volume of people in town that weekend, and we heard rumours that the elevator service company was on strike, so the hotel was down an elevator. The staff were great though and would walkie talkie someone to send an elevator up if we needed it.

The pool and hot tub were great too. Would recommend this place for sure if you could get a good price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rach_cain
BestSuites, General Manager at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your stay over the Ottawa Race Weekend! I’m pleased that you enjoyed our spacious and well-equipped suites. Our location is second to none – a 5 minute walk to the Rideau Centre, historic Byward Market and some of Ottawa’s fantastic restaurants and attractions. You are correct in noting that the Ontario Union of Elevator Mechanics is on strike. As a result, service calls within Ottawa are being handled by management of the elevator company and are being prioritized based on emergency situations. We truly apologize for this inconvenience to our valued guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do look forward to hosting you again in future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Anytime I get the chance to stay at Les Suites I take the opportunity. It's within walking distance to the market, the mall and basically any restaurant you can think of. Yes it may be a little older, but it's well taken care of. I hate the feeling of being stuck in a "room" for a week, Les Suites gives me the feeling of having my own apartment and space. The fully equipped kitchenette makes cooking super easy. The staff are amazing, they truly do make you feel like it's a pleasure having you there even on checkout you are still treated like it was your first night. Great location, clean and well treated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicde D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Les Suites Hotel, Ottawa once again and for writing your valuable feedback. I do thank you for your kind compliments regarding our location, spacious and well-equipped suites and most importantly, our Team Members. The Team at Les Suites Hotel, Ottawa prides itself in providing our valued guests with memorable hospitality experiences. It was a pleasure to read your review and I do look forward to continuing to host you in future!