Comfort Inn West
Brookstreet Hotel(Ottawa)
  • Pool
Webb's Motel(Ottawa)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancanadian tire centermajor highwayottawa senatorsstayed one nightthe breakfast areabreakfast staffcontinental breakfastlots of parkingfridge and microwavewave poolhockey gamerestaurants and shoppingminute driveeasy accesscomfortable staychecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family and I stayed for the long weekend (Civic Holiday), and it was a nice visit. I don't have any complaints about the hotel itself, however I'm displeased with the staff at the front desk. They are not friendly and don't make you feel welcome. Overall, the hotel was fine though.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
HotelVu, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

We are glad Hotwire brought you to our hotel and we appreciate you choosing us to spend the August Civic weekend enjoying Ottawa. Mother Nature is very good to Ottawa. The sun shines an average of 303 days a year and we hope you enjoyed the great weather and the numerous activities that Ottawa has to offer.

We thank you for your review as this highlights our shortfalls and allows us to improve our service levels. We are sorry you had to complain about our lack of service. Customer service is a priority for all employees. An experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, it’s service or quality.

We appreciate your time and efforts to help us continue improving ourselves by making us better service champions. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by staying with us on your next trip to Canada's Capital.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Kanata twice now this past month. Once in late June and once this past Monday night, July 12, 2010. The stay was delightful. Each time we stayed we had a room on the ground floor which I greatly recommend. The room offered a patio door with in front of room parking for easy access as my husband has a little trouble walking.

The room was pet friendly, which was really convenient as we brought our small dog along. And as for the beds they are very comfortable and we had no issue with noise.

Breakfast was offered in the morning, just the basics, but enough to get us through to the next meal. However, I will have to say I strongly recommend the waffles, they are truly delicious.

The location is great, right off the 417, not hard to find at all. Very close to all needed amenities. No need to drive more than 5 minutes to get anywhere in the immediate area.

Last but not least, the staff are all amazing. The breakfast attendent is very puctual and friendly. The front desk staff are very helpful with any directions or information inquired about. The young lady who checked us in always had a smile on her face. She made us feel right at home. Even though we showed up around lunch time with no reservations, she happily found us a clean room and checked us in right away without any issues. Keep smiling girl!! We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
HotelVu, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

The Comfort Inn Ottawa West Kanata would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review.

All our guest service staff are truly valued members of our team and we are pleased to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service.

We hope to see you again soon, and to thank you in person.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed two nights over the Canada Day Holiday to take part of the festivities and visit Ottawa with our children. We all slept very well and heard nothing from adjacent rooms or the hallway either nights. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable (tourist info, transportation, etc.).

We took the public transit to Parliament Hill (45 min) at the hotel's suggestion and really enjoyed not having to drive and find parking downtown (family day pass costs $7.50).

The breakfast was plentiful (coffee, tea, juices, muffins, scones, waffles, cereals and hard boiled eggs) and the staff was very friendly.

The free passes to visit the Leisure Centre located 2 minutes away by car allowed us to spend a fun and relaxing evening with the kids at the indoor wave pool and jaccuzzi.

I gave 4/5 for Cleanliness and Rooms because the carpet in room 232 is stained and didn't look very clean and the scree was missing in our window (I looked around and all other rooms seem to have theirs).

We'll most certainly seek your hospitality again the next time we visit the area! THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
HotelVu, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

The Comfort Inn Ottawa West Kanata was delighted to read your complimentary feedback on our property. We not only appreciate you taking the time to leave a review but also for choosing to spend your Canada Day with us!

It sounds like you were able to take advantage to all Ottawa has to offer. We are delighted to hear you were so well taking care of by our staff and enjoyed your visit.

Your feedback on the housekeeping and maintenance deficiencies is important to us. The true measure of an accommodation is during its busiest period, and it looks like we need to improve.

We thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear that you will be staying with us again.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed in Montreal the night before at a hotel 4 times the cost and it didnt compare to the Quality Inn. We arrived late - tired and needing good advice for food and entertainment. The staff were friendly and helpful... the rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. Had a great night's rest for excellent value. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
HotelVu, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2010

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you will be staying with us again. We never tire of hearing the great experiences of our guests and your review was no exception. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our guest services team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2009

My room was gigantic, probably 5x6 m. Comfortable bed, sofa, chair, table/desk with easy hookup for laptop (power, wired Ethernet, or wireless). Well-lit bathroom, generous size towels. Free breakfast buffet was plenty adequate but not extravagant (e.g., eggs - hard boiled only). I reserved online, but desk clerk asked me if I was a AAA or CAA member, and saved me another 15%! Location is in a residential area, so fairly quiet unless your room faces the nearby expressway. Next stop on my business trip was in Amsterdam, where I paid much more for a room that was miniscule by comparison, without free breakfast or internet. This hotel is quite a drive outside of Ottawa, but was very close to the client I was visiting.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
HotelVu, Management at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of the Comfort Inn Ottawa West Kanata.

We always appreciate our guests that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel.

We hope on your next trip to Ottawa, we will, once again, have the pleasure of having you stay with us.