“consistently good”

Pho Van Van Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #337 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 1, 2014

i go here probably at least once a month for lunch or dinner. the food always tastes fresh and delicious, and the service is pretty fast. i have ordered phos, vermicelli "bun", salad rolls, and spring rolls many many times over the years and have never been disappointed. the only odd thing is that the service is not all that friendly, and although i'm pretty sure they know me, (the young man corrected me once when i accidentally ordered the wrong number that was not my "usual" spring roll), there is never any glimmer of recognition.

There are newer reviews for Pho Van Van Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Soup of pho is one of the best we've ever had, including Montreal and Toronto. Satay is so-so and it's a little to oily.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very good pho soup. I ordered the rare beef in broth and received more beef slices than I've ever experienced in a pho. My dining partner had an excellent chicken broth and really enjoyed it. Service was rapid and congenial. A pot of green tea was on our table before we had our coats off!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We love Vietnamese Pho houses and were eager to try this one which is near our son's new condo.

I was please to see a mostly Vietnamese menu, as many of these places, particularly in the suburbs tend to offer limited Viet, Chinese and Thai menus, trying to please a broader audience.

We were delighted when a large pot of tea arrived immediately without asking.

I always order a beef Pho on first visits, as I figure if they can't do that right, then what's the point. I was pleased to find an extensive Pho menu, including items which you do not often find in Ottawa, such as tendon and tripe. We ordered 2 large bowls, and our third member ordered a rice/shrimp/ veg plate.

The large bowls we ordered were enormous, and could have served as bathroom sinks. Next time we would order a medium. The broth was not quite as flavourful as some other places, but it was good, with generous amounts of meats, and some Asian greens as well as the normal basil, sprouts and lime to add. A good shot of chili sauce brought out the flavour. The rice plate was also generous and received good marks.

I noticed that there was a good crowd of locals dining on a Tuesday night and most seemed to selecting from the extensive Bun menu. We knew they were regulars since most ordered by number without looking at the menu.

We will certainly return. Dinner for 3 was $41, including tax, before tip. Great value.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I go there once a year to celebrate TeT with friends, as we live in Montreal, and just enjoy it so much, love the food and the service! Can't wait to go back again....

1  Thank Nique745