The hotel is in a great location, right near the Parliament buildings and the river. The museums, Byward market and restaurant areas are just a short walk away.
The rooms are a good size, but a bit tired. The beds are comfy. The first room we were given overlooked a building site, was next to a very noisy ice maker, and stank of body odour. They moved us to another room which was next to all of the air con units for the hotel, so it was quite noisy but was at least a more constant noise so was more easily tuned out.
Parking is $15/night + taxes, but the car park is very tight so be prepared to do some manoeuvres!
The wifi is free and there's 2 PCs downstairs which can be used for free.
The service was abit hit and miss; we arrived at 1pm so they asked us to come back at 3pm to check-in which was fine. We got back at about 3.15pm and they said the room wasn't ready, we asked when it was likely to be ready and they had no idea. We asked if we should stay and wait or go out and they were very shruggy. We waited until gone 4pm by which time the reception was full of people waiting for their rooms. Some of these people got quite stroppy, and as soon as they got abit irate their rooms were miraculously ready, even though we'd been waiting much longer. At 4.20pm when we were the only people left waiting they came over and asked our name again, and when they checked our room was ready. We completely understand that sometimes the room turnovers can run over, but there was no recognition of our wait, no apology for the time it took, no information, and not even a smile or friendly welcome. Perhaps if the situation had been managed a bit better, the other visitors wouldn't have got so upset.
Overall a great location to explore the city from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally owned and operated we are a 3 1/2 star hotel, with 5 star friendliness. Located in the heart of the Nation's Capital, we are a smoke free property with 155 guest rooms and 8 meeting rooms. We are situated in the midst of the city's business and tourist district; only two blocks from Parliament Hill. The only way you'll get closer to the hill, is if you get elected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capital Hill Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Hill Hotel Ottawa
- Capital Hill Hotel And Suites
- Capital Hill Ottawa