Do you value your health? Then think twice about ever staying here.
I was travelling with my parents to Ottawa and we took two rooms when our first choice was booked solid.
I could have overlooked the terrible parking situation and crazy construction near parking entrance, but when finally settled in my room, I was absolutely horrified to discover filthy dirty air conditioning vents (photo attached) in a terribly dated and cramped room.
However, things got worse when my parents knocked on my door to tell me they had mould in their room. I immediately went to have a look and was stunned to see black mould growing profusely on the bedside lampshade (photo attached). We then started looking closer and realized that the other lampshade also had speckles of mould starting to take root. The air conditioning vent in their room was also as fuzzy and gross as mine.
Finally, the vent in their washroom did not work, so whole room smelled musty and mouldy. It literally hit you when you opened the door. In fact, within 15 minutes of being in the room, my mother's throat became itchy and her eyes started to sting and water (tear).
I immediately called Expedia to notify them of the problem and request an immediate refund and cancellation. They put me on hold and called the hotel, and when they came back on line, told me that the hotel manager said he or she would refund me only if they resold the rooms that night. I informed them that I had photos of the mould and I expected a full refund for both rooms. Expedia quickly then said they would provide a full refund, without going back to manager.
A few minutes later, we checked out. No one at front desk seem to be aware of why we were checking out. I again informed them of the mould problem, and they said they would tell the manager.
We left, and no one from the hotel has even bothered to contact me to follow up.
My best advice, is to avoid this hotel if you value your health in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally owned and operated we are a 3 1/2 star hotel, with 5 star friendliness. Located in the heart of the Nation's Capital, we are a smoke free property with 155 guest rooms and 8 meeting rooms. We are situated in the midst of the city's business and tourist district; only two blocks from Parliament Hill. The only way you'll get closer to the hill, is if you get elected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capital Hill Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Hill Hotel Ottawa
- Capital Hill Hotel And Suites
- Capital Hill Ottawa