Capital Hill Hotel and Suites is a very large hotel, and its strong point is definitely its location - just a few minutes walk from both the Canadian parliament/government buildings and the downtown area and Byward Market.
A group of us stayed here for five nights while visiting Ottawa and it was a decent place to stay. Although the lobby/reception area is quite dated (as is the exterior), the rooms themselves are large and clean, and some have a kitchenette with fridge etc, while it appeared all rooms had coffee machines, iron etc.
There is also a cafe located on the ground floor which did good breakfasts/lunches, while there are a large number of coffee shops less than a minute from the front door.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Ottawa, particularly as the rates seem very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally owned and operated we are a 3 1/2 star hotel, with 5 star friendliness. Located in the heart of the Nation's Capital, we are a smoke free property with 155 guest rooms and 8 meeting rooms. We are situated in the midst of the city's business and tourist district; only two blocks from Parliament Hill. The only way you'll get closer to the hill, is if you get elected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capital Hill Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Hill Hotel Ottawa
- Capital Hill Hotel And Suites
- Capital Hill Ottawa