“Best burger ever!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Best burger ever!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This die-hard carnivore fell hard for the tempeh cheeseburger with miso gravy. This burger joins the O'brien beef burgers at Hintonburger and the ebikatsu burgers in Japan at the top of my best burger list. The food is fresh, the service is friendly and the decor is charming. Fellow dinners enjoyed their meals as well, but the highlight was definitely the burger!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lorraine K

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome Healthy Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here many times since it first opened. This is a very charming place, small but cute and with a great heart as it is family operated and they are all really nice. Some people may find the food a bit expensive, but considering what you are getting, it's not bad at all. The food is not only fresh but they support all the local farmers; they buy all fresh organic foods, which to me is worth every penny.

You are always severed with a smile, and I have never had an issue with the service. I also have to say the cook is really good because the food is always so delicious and not only that, it is so well presented on the plate as well.

So if you are into the health foods or are a vegan, I suggest you check this place out. I totally recommend this place.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mike_Montalvo
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I can't remember exactly when I went here but it was when it had just opened. They were already so busy!
The server was very friendly and apologetic when he asked if we could share a menu. They didn't have enough yet! This was perfectly fine with us. The sever handled it very well and it was completely understandable since they had just opened and were so busy.

I ordered the banana french toast. This was very very good. (And vegan! to my pleasure). My partner had a vegan "hungry man" style breakfast complete with faux breakfast sausage that he said he enjoyed. My friend went for a non-vegan traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon and she said it was good as well.

The service was a little slow but the friendly service made up for it. I imagine that the service is much better now that they have been on their feet for a while.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Claire T
Vancouver
“Charming restaurant; Delicious meal”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Had breakfast at Cafe My House this morning. It was lovely. A charming, comfortable, contemporary interior & a great menu.

I had the Healthy Start Breakfast & two organic poached eggs. The meal was beautifully presented & delicious, with wonderful grilled vegetables & steamed kale which was still a beautiful bright green. my friend had thevrice bread French Toast, topped with toasted coconunt. Again, it was beautifully presented. We shared a French Press of good coffee (Kicking Horse). It was very good.

The service was couteous & prompt.

I look forward to returning for breakfast & want to now try some of their lunch & dinner menu items.

It is a lovely spot for vegetarians, vegans & non-vegetarians alike, as there is something for everyone.

3 Thank htravelbug
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is fantastic”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

It's not a strictly vegetarian or vegan restaurant, but the majority of its menu is vegan. The food is creative, healthy, and delicious. It is possibly the best place to go for vegan brunch in North America. I went to New York recently and couldn't find any place that had a comparably vegan-intensive brunch menu with as much variety. (I've also eaten extensively in Toronto, Montreal, Washington DC, Ithaca, and Indianapolis.) The owner's daughter (who also works there) is vegan, and she knows her stuff, which is partly why it's so vegan-friendly.

My favorites are the Healthy Me Breakfast, Mini Macrobiotic Burgers, and the Creamy Soba Noodles. My partner loves the breakfast bagel, and I've heard rave reviews about the tofu scramble. CMH also has quite a few gluten-free items, both for brunch (i.e. vegan buckwheat pancakes and French toast), and lunch/dinner.

1 Thank Pamela_Vegan