Travelodge Ottawa East
$289
$152
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
$146
$133
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbroadway restaurantfridge and microwaverooms are smallcoffee makerwould stay againbed was comfortabledowntowndryerrates
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went to this hotel on summer vacation. I booked this hotel on the Hotwire. But the hotwire did not noticed the smoking room. I have child, but they gave to me the smoking rooms. I want to move to non-smoking room, but they said to me "WE HAVE ONLY SMOKING ROOMS". And I entered the room, I can smell the stench of cigarettes. We could not sleep there. Finally I moved other hotel (Holiday Inn), and I paid a lot of money. But We could sleep comportly. I think this hotel is really junk.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn is good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rose E, General Manager at Travelodge Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest, I apologies for the error in your booking through the third party site, it does happen from time to time. We were unable to provide you with a non smoking room when you arrived as we were sold out, however I completely understand your frustration. If in the future you wish to ensure the room type is available before you arrive I suggest calling the hotel directly to book or call and confirm before you arrive.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked along our trip and had a coupon. They appently didn't go together So they led us cancel the booking and accepted the coupon.
We got a good room with all the necessities.
the room was clean, beds were good and although the windows were at the parking lot, it was all quiet. Certainly a motel to go back to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your encouraging words and comments, we are always happy to assist our guests at any time. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Staff were very helpful , very close to 417 with Mcdonalds , Subway , Swiss Chalet and Tim Hortons all within walking distance . Rooms were small ( including bathroom), very dated and did not offer queen size beds. Our son liked pool and free Wifi with password for his "toys", down side was they did not have or offer hot tub .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello and thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel. I'm glad your son enjoyed the salt water pool and the free WIFI however disappointed that the hotel was not everything you were looking for.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is good for those wishing quick access to the 417. I had a king size bed which was very comfortable but took up most of the room. No problem as long as you don't plan to live in your room during your vacation. The staff was very friendly. The room was quiet, parking adequate and a Tim's next door. I would quite likely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Rose E, General Manager at Travelodge Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your positive review, it is most welcome.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

If it was not for the very helpful staff then this review whould be worse. Stayed Canada Day weekend so expected it to be busy but did not expect people barbequeing in the car park !
Hotel is tired and rooms very dated. The hotel is too far from town and not in the nicest of areas to warrant the prices There is a half reasonable restaurant attached but you can't take drinks back to the room. How childish! Much better value available elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I am sorry you found the hotel less than adequate but pleased you found our staff helpful.