“A great hotel at a great price!”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Canada
“A great hotel at a great price!”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I'm not quite sure how this hotel got bad reviews - my experience was nothing but great!
Right from the initial phone call to inquire about rates I got fantastic service. The hotel is just on the edge of the main downtown core and a very short walk to the bike path and MKC City Whitewater paddling section of the Ottawa River.
I was travelling with my dog and I am pleased to say that it was the most positive experience I've ever had with a "pet friendly" hotel. I'm used to getting a bit of a runaround over staying with a dog - but not here! When they say they are pet friendly, they really mean it.
Check in and checkout was a breeze and upon returning to the hotel on my second night I was welcomed by name by the gentleman behind the desk. Top notch personalized service that didn't go unnoticed.
Ordered room service from the Southern Cross restaurant adjacent to the hotel and I have to say the food was fantastic! Delivered quickly and very, very good.
Overall, a great experience at the Radisson - I will definitely stay with them again the next time I'm in Ottawa!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank wavesandwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
niagara falls.canada
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We arrived at the hotel Radisson Parliament Hill. The check in was couteous and quick. Our room was a bit small and only had one window. It looked a little dark. We had a sleep number bed, We made seceral adjustments to the bed but could not get comfortable. The next morning we moved to another floor that had been redone. The room had two windows so nice and bright. The bed was a regular king(not sleep number) and it was one of the most comfortable hotels beds we have ever slept in. We found the staff including the maids very friendly and helpful. The rooms very very clean and the location was just a bit out of the center or you might say just on the edge of the center. Parking was a nightmare as the undergroud parking area is quite small. All cars have to be backed in. I guess so you will able to get out. A car cannot enter the underground parking if one is exiting. There is a red and green light sytem to let you know. I can appreciate that the way the underground parking area is there is not really much the hotel can do about it. The parking per night was $20.34 I guess that is including tax. Oh and the hotel had a pretty fair restauraut The Southern Cross (TexMex)To sum it up I would stay here again if the hotel had a better location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelrrr
sault ste marie
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We booked rooms at this hotel so we could drop our daughter off at university. We were to meet our friends at 10pm but their flight was late. We booked in early and asked the front desk to let us know when our friends arrived and that we wanted rooms side by side. Our friends got in at 11:30 and were told that we did not check in yet. So they stayed up the night worrying and we were worried that their flight got cancelled all the while we were next door to each other. Then the service in the hotel room was [--] at best our rooms did not get cleaned until dinner time and on our last day at the hotel someone stole my lap top computer. The front desk reported it to the police under our friends name and I had a horrible time trying to change the police report. The hotel would do nothing to assist with locating my computer and told me that I had to pay for the computer myself. I stated to the manager that our door was left open while the rooms were being cleaned and that the cleaning staff leave the room unattended. This hotel was less than helpful. When the police finally did recover my computer they didn't even have the decency to send it to me. This was a horribe experience and we will never stay at a radisson again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank northerncritic

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Montreal
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Considering the negative reviews, I felt I had to mention that it is actually a very fine hotel with a good location and nice and comfortable rooms.. The room was spacious, very clean, with very comfortable beds and for the price we paid, we got a very good deal for Ottawa. The hotel is also close to the main attractions and the best is that if you pay for parking (14$), you get to leave your car until 18:00 the day of check out, which means that you can still walk around and not worry about finding another parking spot.
Really. It's a good deal

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janymontreal
Lindsay, Ontario
Reviewed June 3, 2009

A large group of us decided to try dinner at the Southern Cross. Overall it was good but I had a few drinks and decided to stay at the hotel. I came back 20 mins later to a cold steak dinner, the waitress was awesome, but too busy to take care of all the customers efficiently due to lack of staffing. I chose to eat my cold meal as I was very hungry and tired from my trip. When I went to have a shower later that night, the water took over a half hour to become tepid, environmental controls less than adequate, garage P3 unsafe and unsecured and my car sustained damage. Overall I ended up with only 2 hours sleep and a 250 dollar stay in this hell hole. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! Total cost including damage to my car was over $1000. easy.......left totally livid and still am.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank binky49
AllaboutyouRadisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, June 16, 2009
All comments are greatly appreciated, both good and bad. The good that came out of the bad is the hot water malfunction has since been corrected.

I can only apologize on behalf of the Southern Cross Restaurant as it is a leased out establishment. I have brought your comments to the Owners attention.

It is unfortunate and regretable that your car sustained damage. I can offer an alternate suggestion for the future of many outdoor parking lots in the area.

I am aware that you have discussed your stay with Radisson Corporate Customer Service, but feel free to contact myself directly if there is anything that I can do for you in the future.

Thank you once again for your comments as they provide us with a basis on which we can improve.

King Regards,

Cristina Sartori
Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I don't think this hotel deserves some of the worse reviews its had, we couldn't find a fault with it anywhere.
Our room was really big, with the hugest bed we'd ever seen! We also had fun with the adjustable remote for the bed which made it harder or softer. The room was nicely decorated, and was very clean, and was also very spacious. The bathroom was one of the most modern we've experienced on this trip.
The hotel staff were very helpful, and even though we only had a drink in the restaurant next door to the hotel, the staff in there were very pleasant too, we had a nice chat.
The WiFi internet connected straight away, and the TV was good.
Couldn't fault the place! It also had a really good location just a few blocks away from the main sights.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ontario
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Considering the location of the hotel being no more that 5-8 blocks from all the major attractions of Ottawa the price was fair. The staff were helpfull and really nice.
A few things need improvment. The grage door never opens when using the bar code scanner I always had to press the help intercome to solve this problem. The other thing was although they got this fancy bed with comfort zone control....it was the squeakiest bed ive slept on. and lastly the heater thermostat does not turn of once it gets to the set temp. It runs forever and has to be turned down or trun off manually.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple