“Nice Ottawa Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice hotel in downtown Ottawa. Walking distance to Parliament Hill, Ottawa U. Also easy access to great public transit system. Fantastic staff, very professional and helpful. Tim Hortons and Starbucks just around the corner. On site parking available but if you scout around there are plenty of above ground lots close by that are cheaper. Clean rooms, very tidy hotel. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
David Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear World1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times since about 2002. It is always a good sign when you find the same staff at the front desk - and they remember you!
Generally a comfortable hotel with comfortable beds and thoughtful staff at all levels.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites on the 11th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bruce H,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill. I’m happy to hear that our team made your stay more comfortable. We are sure that you will enjoy our newly refreshed lobby and ungraded room furniture.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Ottawa area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my Anniversary and it was a great experience! We were complimentary upgraded to a Suite with a separate bedroom and we were thrilled with the amount of space we had!

I loved that we were able to go outside and simply step outside of the hotel and before we knew it we were taking a super cute walk next to the Parliament Buildings! They are so close to them! The rooms seem to have been renovated very recently and they are working on their lobby at the moment - did not inconvenience us at all as there was no noise!

For the amount of money we paid, we were super impressed with the rooms, how friendly the employees were, and how close to everything we were. We will definitely stay at the Radisson next time we have a night out and I will be sending to this hotel all of my friends and family from out of town.

Thank you for a great stay - you are well kept secret of Ottawa!

Room Tip: Ask to be facing the front of the hotel - great view of the Ottawa river and the street is not busy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear J_SOSE,

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill and we are so glad that you choose us to celebrate it. We cannot disagree that our suites are fabulous for a relaxing weekend - they offer spacious accommodations and are perfect for hosting friends and family.

Congratulations again!

Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The rooms are nicely furnished although small. The bathrooms are good and have quality soap, shampoo, etc.

The hotel is located in a sleepy area of downtown but close to the sights.

I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear NorthernCDNTraveller,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. We are continuing to update our Hotel with now a new lobby to welcome you in style and the upgrading of our mattresses to make certian that your sleep is a restful experience.

Hope to see you again soon.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have stayed in the hotel before on business (my employer picked the hotel). It is fairly well located and has a great restaurant but the cornerstone of this hotel is the staff - they are fabulous, very professional and friendly and go the extra mile.

Check in was horrid as they are doing renovations. The day I arrived I had to walk through a fog of dust as they were sanding the plastering. I actually could draw on the counter as I was checking in, it was that dusty. I felt terrible for the front counter staff as they were breathing it in; the workers had masks on but no one else did . . . None the less, the actual check in went smooth other than that. I realize that renos have to occur but I strongly feel that management should be proactive in things like this. Had I arrived in my room with a letter explaing and apologizing for the renos and maybe even a complimentary something or another (free cocktail? coupon for discount a restaurant? etc.) then it would have been more appreciated by patrons. I had to deal with the renos and dust (and noise during my meetings in the boardroom adjacent to the lobby) for 3 days . . .

The other pain was the door keys - 4 times thet had to be replaced and twice thte repairman had to "fix" the lock. I realize technical things happen but it was a nuisance as I had to keep going down to the front desk to get new keys.

Other than that; the building is older and the rooms show it, but there are very clean and have most things you will need: wifi, bottle of water, coffee/tea pot, safe - but no mini fridge. Used the room service twice and it was efficient and timely and the food was delivered quick and hot.

The bed was super comfortable; lots of hot water (though the shower head not overly forceful). The heat was an issue for the first 24h and the thermostat was sensitive - just turn a little one way or the other and give it time to adjust, if not it will be too hot or too cold.

The restaurant is awesome and the staff are incredible.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
David Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Sevp,

Thank you for your honest and fair review of Radisson Ottawa. As a seasoned reviewer, your comments and suggestions are much appreciated! Of course we would be wrong to disagree with our amazing Team Members are the cornerstone of our Hotel and we would be lost without them - as always they are ready to help!

We apologize that your stay was not 100% perfect - we have some challenges as you raised, however because of your review we have made many operational changes that will not only correct the items you outlined - but allow for a better overall experience at the Hotel.

We are pleased to let you know we are almost completed the lobby renovation which will amaze you on your next visit to Ottawa!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel is just around the block from the 97 Airport bus. Worked out very well. Downtown had plenty of dining options and a Starbucks close by. Also a convenience store right at the bus drop woking out perfectly to get water and snacks for the hotel.

The hotel lobby was under repair from a water pipe break, but it did not affect my stay in any way. I would not shy away from the hotel because they are working on the lobby.

Room was on the smallish side but was perfectly fine of me and what I needed. No problem with Wifi and VPN.

Gym was also a little small, I did not have a chance to use it so can't report on how the machines worked.

I generally stay at the Marriott but this hotel was a great second choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
David Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Seeyouinthesun,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at our great Hotel in the great city of Ottawa.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about the construction of the hotel's lobby. The Hotel was trying to do our best with a difficult situation and unfortunately we honestly have been reactive not proactive. We truly do have wonderful staff that have had to deal with the unfortunate situation due to the flood. Our "extreme makeover" of the lobby will be completed in the next couple of weeks and I hope that next time you are in the Ottawa area you will give us an opportunity to show you our true colours.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I spent Family Day weekend in Ottawa and spent two nights at the Radisson Ottawa. Overall it was an alright hotel stay, we didn't spend much time there nor did we use any of the amenities but I think we got a good feel for the place. They are renovating the lobby which makes the initial entry very unpleasant but it's hard to hold that against them, they have to renovate sometime. Check-in was smooth and we were put up on the 8th floor in a room with two queen beds and a decent view of Gatineau.

The room was slightly retro but completely tolerable save for the sleep number beds. Terrible! Whoever the sleep number sales person was who sold the Radisson those mattresses must be able to sell milk to a cow because to actually choose to put those in each room is an awful idea. They are not comfortable, and in our room did not work properly. You could change the left side of the one bed but not the right. The other bed was too close to the cold window and we did not try it.

Bathroom was fine, water pressure good, TV new and pillows very comfortable which was nice to see.

Did not try the hotel restaurant since it was a little too expensive for what we were looking for.

I stayed on points which makes me feel that if I had paid $150+ a night for the stay here I would have been less happy. They are obviously making improvements so maybe in a few months or within a year it will be a nicer place.

Good location for walking locally, 10 mins to Parliament, 15 to the Canal and 20 to Byward.

Also, parking underground it $18 a day so if that's too steep check out the lot across the street or some of the pay lots of Bay or Laurier.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
David Q, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Rigante,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at the Radisson Ottawa Parliament Hill. We appreciate your positive comments and suggestions. The Hotel completely agrees with your concerns regarding the sleep number bed and have begun a program to convert all our rooms to a new pillow top mattress. We started this conversion last week with more than have the beds switched out - you will definitely notice the difference on your next visit.

The Hotel recently completed an upgrade of the guestrooms with new furniture and amenities and as you saw is in the process of completing a full upgrade to our lobby.

Thank you again for your review - we appreciate the feedback!

Regards,