“Convenience and location over luxury”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after it was matched to us on Hotwire for 90 a night with tax. It was definitely worth that price! Walking distance from all major attractions, friendly front desk staff and a sleep number bed were all appreciated. The renos are going on all over Queen street so it's not just at the hotel. The view from our room was awful and stared at a tarp and other hotel rooms. The room was also really cramped. My boyfriend ranted about not having ice and vending machines on all floors but otherwise had no complaints. If you want to walk everywhere and only use the room for sleeping this hotel will meet your needs just fine! Would stay again if the price was right.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KADOttawa, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Travelholic!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I do hope you will stay with us again - our exterior renovations are almost complete - with our scaffolding to be removed my mid November to reveal our refreshed look.

Check us out on your next visit to Ottawa!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel even though we had read about their renovations before we booked with them. I was a bit concerned at first but once we arrived at the hotel - my concerns left. Besides a covering over the building, we would not have really noticed that renovations were going on. We stayed at the hotel from Sat. to Sun. so that might be the reason we did not hear any noise at all from outside workers. We loved the bed. It was very comfortable and it was great that my wife and I could each pick our desired firmness settings for the bed. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel restaurant was a bit on the expensive side so we decided to eat at another place - which was quite easy since the hotel is close to a lot of things. I esp. liked walking to Parliament Hill. The bath tub did not have a plug but once we called the front office - a person immediately brought us one. We were close to the ice machine and I noticed you could hear the machine working - even when our door was closed. We had a great selection of channels on our tv and there is a iPod dock/radio right beside the bed which was nice. All in all, we had a very good stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get that is not near an ice machine.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank May S
KADOttawa, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear May S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our renovations are wrapping up soon. I was able to get a "sneak peek" of the refreshed exterior - and am excited to share our new look when you visit us the next time you visit Ottawa.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good location, good service and stellar beds. I can't ask for much more. I would repeat at this hotel if in the area again. Excellent for the price and I loved, loved, loved their beds. They have the Sleep Number ones which are great for people like myself who can never find a comfy bed when I travel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
KADOttawa, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Cristina,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review further to your stay with us!

Delighted to hear our hotel meet and exceeded your expectations - and that you will stay with us again!

On your next visit you will be able to view our refreshed exterior, and will notice subtle positive changes in your guest room as we complete our product enhancements.

Looking forward to offering you another affordably priced, and even better nights sleep on your stay!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel. The first time was only ok, but I decided to stay again, as I got a good price. I chose to "update to the executive suite" option when booking for a few dollars more and was very disappointed. The furniture was all beat up, chipped and old. The couch was unusable as all the springs were gone and it was dirty. The carpets were also stained. The air conditioner was so noisy, we couldn't use it while sleeping.The "sleep number" beds were uncomfortable on any of the settings. It wasn't executive in any way. I also tried to use their "wi-fi" only to discover that if I wanted a faster speed I would have to pay $14.99/day to do so. The person on the front desk was friendly to us, but I witnessed her being incredibly rude to the person that was in front of me. This hotel is undergoing a complete renovation, so maybe in a year or so it will be better, but I'm not hopeful. I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tripsalot_5000
KADOttawa, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear JYTYMY,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

WOW - I agree - those items would certainly deter me from staying with me again!

You are correct - the hotel is undergoing a renovation, expected for completion by early November. All the items you have indicated will be addressed. In addition - when our wraps come off, we look forward to revealing our buildings refreshed new look as well!

As for the cleanliness of your carpet, recently replaced in 2012, I will review the stain concerns to ensure that our next guest does not experience a similiar disatisfier.

I do hope that you will reconsider and try us again - I know our enhancements will meet your expectations.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Huge surprise to find out that parking garage was closed. No warning.
Hotel is tired and dirty (especially elevators).
Staff only made excuses for problems: "not our fault".
Horrendous construction noise; no chance to sleep in.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Patrickdolphin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of our parking garage closure caused you. We did find out about it need to close the garage until very close to your arrival date, and although we did attempt to contact all our guests to advise them of alternate driving instructions and parking arrangements - we were unable to reach all of our valued guests.

The city construction in conjunction with the light rail system implementation, combined with the completion of our hotel's exterior refreshments - are certainly taking the toll on our team's ability to keep a "spotlessly clean, well maintained hotel".

Sincerely not an excuse - our current reality.

Please give us another try to change your opinion of our hotel. All will come to an end by early November - so we do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Reasonable enough hotel.....room was comfortable.....some of the fixtures looked a little tired. Free internet is much appreciated.Attached Restaurant , Southern Cross is good. We had breakfast there......eggs Benedict, excellent!
Horrible construction going on in the area. Hotel parking was $18 / night, which given the state of the entrance and the challenge getting to the front of the hotel, was, i thought , a little high.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear PC138,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our parking garage access and the city construction outside our hotel caused you.

Our team is looking forward to the completion of the city work (preparing for the light rail system implementation) - due for completion at the end of this week immediately outside our hotel. As well the completion of our exterior renovations and interior enhancements - we are excited to share our refreshed new look!

I do hope that you will stay with us again soon -our Southern Cross staff would be delighted to prepare another order of eggs benedict for you to enjoy too!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Radisson is a nice place to stay near asian town. Many asian restaurant near the hotel.

10 minutes away from walking to parliament hill.

The hotel is confortable, elevator a little bit slow. Even crowded on some week-end, I will return to this low budget hotel but it's a Radisson and it worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
KADOttawa, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear JPL01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback further to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that our exterior refreshments did not deter from your stay. Our team looks forward to their completion at the end of September.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Ottawa - it would be our pleasure to host you again!