“Amazing stay!”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Amazingly friendly staff, accommodating, helpful, cheerful, pleasant. Rooms - spacious, clean, modern. Beds - comfortable, lots of pillows (2 sizes), warm duvet. Bathroom -no slip tub, awesome thick towels, very pleasant to the eye, working exhaust fan. Hotel restaurant, fantastic - delicious, quick, friendly, worth the money. Location, awesome! Mins away from everything. Lots of traffic lights downtown so to drive - quicker to walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with digital heat control. Better sleep as it regulates the room temperature.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravellinGals
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review for The Ottawa Radisson Parliament Hill. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a one night stay at this hotel in early April. The location was great for touring the Parliament buildings, but quite a walk to the Byward market. Parking costs $18 a day which I thought was too steep for being so far from the market area. Plus, the little machine for paying was a bit confusing. Some of the other hotel guests accidentally paid for 2 nights when they meant to only pay for 1. Check in and check out went smoothly and we were greeted with a smile. We didn't eat at the restaurant or use the gym. There is no pool.

Our biggest problem was with the room itself. It was fairly clean (although there was mold in the bathroom) but tired looking with old furniture and was not well appointed. There was only one side table, so the person on the other side of the bed didn't have any where to put down a glass/book. The bathroom counter was so tiny, there was no room to put our toiletries. There was room for our tooth brushes and hair spray and that was it. We had to leave our cosmetic bags in the suitcase. There was also no plug for the sink drain, making shaving a challenge. I was also under the impression that all Radisson hotel rooms had sleep number beds, but ours didn't. The bed was fairly comfortable, but I was hoping for a sleep number bed.

To sum up, our stay wasn't terrible, but for a 3 star quality level hotel, the room left a lot to be desired. I doubt we'll be back unless we got a really good deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review, On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the hotel in reagrds to room itself. We are planning on upgrading the room itself in the next few months, but I really do appreciate your feedback.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here because they accept pets, and for no extra fee. The location of the hotel is amongst some old houses and not really near any decent restaurants or other attractions. There is a small downtown mall with a Holt Renfrew within walking distance. You cannot park in front of the hotel as the frontage is minimal. You must park downstairs in a lot that does not belong to the hotel and the cost is 18$, but there are in and out privileges. We were upgraded to a corner room-for an extra 15$. The room was ok, nothing special, and probably, hopefully going to be renovated in the near future. There was only one person at the front desk every time we went by and we had to wait to check in. One good thing is the free WiFi and 2 computers available to the guests located in the lobby. This hotel is good for a one night stay and business guests.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to a corner room as they are the largest according to the room map on the door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SpartanQueen51
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and we do have plans to update our rooms in the next few months. I really appreciate the feedback. Thank You!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a very pleasant and relaxed three-day stay at this hotel. In terms of quality, there is very little that separates it from more expensive hotels in Ottawa. There was slight evidence of a recent or possibly ongoing renovation (elevators were a bit dirty) but nothing else. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and cheerful. Initially I was booked into a 2nd floor room next to the elevators but they were happy to change it to a large double corner room on a higher floor. I had a beautiful view of the river and Gatineau Hills. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and I was only disturbed once by the drink machine outside my door. Otherwise, I never heard a sound either from within the hotel or on the street. This end of Queen Street gets little traffic. As I was holed up in my room throughout the weekend working on a report, I really appreciated the quiet and the excellent free wi-fi. (I refuse to stay in any hotel that does not offer free wi-fi). The desk was spacious with an adjustable height office chair so I could spread out and work in comfort. There was complimentary tea and a coffee maker. I can't think of anything that was wanting. OK, I can think of one thing that might have bothered some customers, I turned on the television once and the screen was very fuzzy, even though it was an (older) flat-screen model. Good thing I was not really planning to watch TV, as I had my work and a good book. I got a super rate on the room - only $106 plus tax. Can't beat that. I would definitely stay here again if I they continue to offer reasonable rates.
It is a long walk to the Market and Rideau Centre but there are plenty of restaurants in the area and the Somerset Street Asian restaurants are within a 10 minute walk,

Room Tip: It you don't like your room assignment, ask the front desk staff to change it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank room41

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that everything went well.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I gave this a 4 rather than a 3 based on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I find some people in the customer service industry make you feel like they are doing you a favour when they do their jobs, but the staff here definitely gave the impression they were happy to help with everything from recommending a radio station to storing bags and arranging taxis.

I am not a fan of the sleep by number bed, so that is just my particular taste.

I booked at the last minute, so value was appropriate for that.

The gym is a bit dingy and some of the machines were out of order so unfortunately that amenity is not a highlight.

The location suited my needs perfectly.

Room Tip: Might want to ask to be at the front of the hotel since the back rooms just look on to a parking lot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review for The Ottawa Radisson. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We are working hard to get our fitness room back in order. I do very much appreciate your feed back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went to a convention in Ottawa. The Radisson has a good name and I had never stayed there. The lobby was nice, but the room was very small. My friends stayed across the way at some Suites place and loved it. I was jealous. We paid about the same. It was under contruction and for a few days we were down to no elevators or just one. The stairs took me through the back of a kitchen area and the dusk and webs I saw from being on the stairs at a higher angle were considerable. If they knew they would have guests going through there, I am surprised no one did a dry run and cleaned that up. Should never be that dirty in a food area anyway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor Review and your feed back. I do appreciate your comment about our guest rooms. We do however have much larger suites that do include full kitchens as well we do have good size business suites. I would welcome you return and check them out.
Our restaurant is privately owned and we will make sure that the area you did mention receives the attention needed.

Again I do really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend while visiting a friend.
The room itself was very dated but the bathroom looked fairly new and had a great shower. I did get free wifi in the room which was nice.
The hotel does have a car park, considering it was on the edge of town I would expect it to be a bit less expensive.
You are about a 20 minute walk from downtown Ottawa.
Service was ok, I checked in and checked out with no problems.
The price when I booked the hotel was good, but there is always a reason for that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Being on the edge of downtown our parking is very competitive if not less expensive compared to the other hotels around us. I do appreciate the feedback...

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! Please feel free to contact me any time.