“All positive”

Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
British Columbia
“All positive”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a very pleasant and relaxed three-day stay at this hotel. In terms of quality, there is very little that separates it from more expensive hotels in Ottawa. There was slight evidence of a recent or possibly ongoing renovation (elevators were a bit dirty) but nothing else. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and cheerful. Initially I was booked into a 2nd floor room next to the elevators but they were happy to change it to a large double corner room on a higher floor. I had a beautiful view of the river and Gatineau Hills. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and I was only disturbed once by the drink machine outside my door. Otherwise, I never heard a sound either from within the hotel or on the street. This end of Queen Street gets little traffic. As I was holed up in my room throughout the weekend working on a report, I really appreciated the quiet and the excellent free wi-fi. (I refuse to stay in any hotel that does not offer free wi-fi). The desk was spacious with an adjustable height office chair so I could spread out and work in comfort. There was complimentary tea and a coffee maker. I can't think of anything that was wanting. OK, I can think of one thing that might have bothered some customers, I turned on the television once and the screen was very fuzzy, even though it was an (older) flat-screen model. Good thing I was not really planning to watch TV, as I had my work and a good book. I got a super rate on the room - only $106 plus tax. Can't beat that. I would definitely stay here again if I they continue to offer reasonable rates.
It is a long walk to the Market and Rideau Centre but there are plenty of restaurants in the area and the Somerset Street Asian restaurants are within a 10 minute walk,

Room Tip: It you don't like your room assignment, ask the front desk staff to change it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank room41
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that everything went well.

Darryll Hunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I gave this a 4 rather than a 3 based on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I find some people in the customer service industry make you feel like they are doing you a favour when they do their jobs, but the staff here definitely gave the impression they were happy to help with everything from recommending a radio station to storing bags and arranging taxis.

I am not a fan of the sleep by number bed, so that is just my particular taste.

I booked at the last minute, so value was appropriate for that.

The gym is a bit dingy and some of the machines were out of order so unfortunately that amenity is not a highlight.

The location suited my needs perfectly.

Room Tip: Might want to ask to be at the front of the hotel since the back rooms just look on to a parking lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review for The Ottawa Radisson. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We are working hard to get our fitness room back in order. I do very much appreciate your feed back.

kingston, on
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went to a convention in Ottawa. The Radisson has a good name and I had never stayed there. The lobby was nice, but the room was very small. My friends stayed across the way at some Suites place and loved it. I was jealous. We paid about the same. It was under contruction and for a few days we were down to no elevators or just one. The stairs took me through the back of a kitchen area and the dusk and webs I saw from being on the stairs at a higher angle were considerable. If they knew they would have guests going through there, I am surprised no one did a dry run and cleaned that up. Should never be that dirty in a food area anyway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor Review and your feed back. I do appreciate your comment about our guest rooms. We do however have much larger suites that do include full kitchens as well we do have good size business suites. I would welcome you return and check them out.
Our restaurant is privately owned and we will make sure that the area you did mention receives the attention needed.

Again I do really appreciate your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend while visiting a friend.
The room itself was very dated but the bathroom looked fairly new and had a great shower. I did get free wifi in the room which was nice.
The hotel does have a car park, considering it was on the edge of town I would expect it to be a bit less expensive.
You are about a 20 minute walk from downtown Ottawa.
Service was ok, I checked in and checked out with no problems.
The price when I booked the hotel was good, but there is always a reason for that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Being on the edge of downtown our parking is very competitive if not less expensive compared to the other hotels around us. I do appreciate the feedback...

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! Please feel free to contact me any time.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My fellow bridesmaids and I got a suite for our friend's bachelorette party this past weekend and had a more than comfortable stay. Everything about the hotel was great! The room had everything we needed and more. Plus, it was incredibly affordable.

The staff was super friendly, flexible and accommodating. We had forgotten a few items for the night (tape for balloons, ladle), but it didn't matter because they were more than happy to lend us theirs.

It was a beautiful walk to the market; the parliament is a sight to see in the night time! The bride to be said that she slept like a baby in her gigantic bed. I think our stay there made the night extra special for her.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: The Bayview suite is a great size to host a little gathering of about 10 people before a night out...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 399Lionel
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that everything went well for your party.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent three nights here. Thought I was going to be getting a really good deal. But once when I arrived and got to the room I was unimpressed. I have stayed at lower star hotels and had a bigger room and bathroom. I felt as though a two star hotel would have had the same effect. There was not even a mini fridge in the room. I also heard lots of noise in the hallways in the morning. Also when looking for the pop machines they were all sold out. However the sleep number on the bed worked very nicely and the pillows were great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NadineSp
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we deeply apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at the hotel. We appreciate the feedback about the room.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me any time.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Ottawa Radisson on the last weekend of Winterlude. The city was very busy and the hotel was jammed. It served the purpose we needed....just a place to rest our head. We arrived at the hotel about 3:00pm on Saturday afternoon and check-in was swift and efficient....less than 5 minutes. The room was a good size for 2 of us and was very clean. We weren't a big fan of the sleep number bed, but it was ok for 2 nights. I would recommed this hotel to anyone wanting to stay close to Parliament and if you're staying in Ottawa for a few days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the feedback.