“Loud AC”

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have stayed here at three occasions but have the same expthence: Very loud and noicy AC systems, could be turned of, but then either to varm or to cold.
Poor shower since mounted on the wall without possibility to use a hand shower, luckily Im short enough to make room <170cm.....
Place location is ok, friendly staff and a garage if you have a car with you, (extra charge).

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank You for your review. I was very disappointed to hear that you have been disrupted by the fans in our AC systems on three different occasions and about the shower. I promise we will be correcting all the issues you mentioned. Our number one priority is to ensure that all of our many valued guests leave the Radisson Ottawa 100% satisfied, and I apologize that we failed on this promise.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to re-instill your faith our Property. If we will have this pleasure please contact me personally. Again Thank you for your feedback...

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A nice thing was when you get to your room a reception staff call to check everything is OK. We requested a room with 2 beds as we were travelling with our 8YO daughter. These were the smallest beds we have ever seen in any hotel in the world. So we asked the reception at this time if there as a room with twin queen beds and we were told there wasnt

As a twin room with 2 people you would be extremely happy. As a couple these beds were nightmare which despite the special number bed didnt help us get a good nights sleep.

After letting the receptionist know of our trouble the hotel finally lived up to their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and made sure that our next nights sleep was a beauty by changing our rooms to a room with 2 x queen beds (surprise surprise).

The hot water took 3-4 minutes (seriously) to come through in our first room. If I was paying the water bill or the electric then I would look into this but since I wasnt the wastage didnt matter in a way but I still felt like an environment vandal! This wasnt a problem in the next room on a different floor so the problem is not hotel wide

We asked the staff one day how much breakfast was and the guys at reception said that it depends what you order as it isnt set price. He went on to tell me about the beautiful breakfast burrito and how big the serving was and I said "sounds great how much is that". Oh I dont know. Instead of finding out or even suggesting I check the menu out at the restaurant he wished me a good day????

In the end we ended up in the restaurant for breakfast and the breakfast is good and reasonably priced and the service was excellent

The parking is $18 per day which was a shock but the location is good. It is underground parking so not scraping and and snow was good I suppose?

Would we stay here again - for sure! In the end we were very happy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kadek_1

Thank You for the Kind Review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I do really appreciate the feedback.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here at The Radisson on a business trip & we found the room to be quite dark & dingy. The heater is way too loud. There was no mini fridge or microwave which is an inconvenient when spending more than 1 night. Every time I needed to shower I had to wait at least 5 to 10 minutes for the water to get warm. Limited channels & the sleep number beds were uncomfortable. Oh yes also one of the female employees at the front desk ( the African descent ) seemed very interested in my boyfriend ..... did not appreciate that, she needs to not make it so obvious & keep it professional. The company booked this hotel so it's bitter sweet & we didn't have to pay a cent. Underground parking is a bonus knowing our cars are safe.

Overall the hotel has potential, just need some upgrades. We would probably come by again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing queen or bay st. For best views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of our entire staff at The Radisson we deeply apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the hotel. I have addressed your concern with the Guest Services Manager. Also my maintenance manager is looking into the hot water & the sleep number beds. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you are looking for a well located hotel with very large rooms then take a look at the Radisson. Stayed here two nights in December, and while not top of the line, they do everything right. Sleep number bed was different, had a very large room on 9th floor with great view. Sitting area, good shower, nice desk to work at, and express check out for people in a rush. Was at conference at the Minto so did not have the opportunity to try restaurants at the Rad. Lobby and outside entrance were being worked on while I was there, but was not a deterrent. Seconds up to Supreme Court building, a just a wee jaunt over to Parliament Hill. Lots of places to eat in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GreatWhiteMark
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My sister and I had a one-day trip to visit Ottawa. After searching for the best price with the best location, we decided to try Radisson Hotel Ottawa. The location is just on the edge of Ottawa's downtown. To bear the name Parliament Hill is a bit of a stretch as this hotel is about 15-20 mins walking to the parliament hill.

The hotel was recently fully refurbished (about one or two months ago). Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff was kind and professional. He provided us with the wifi code and directed us to the elevator. Lobby was very small but clean, even when it was snowing heavily outside. No water marks on the floor.

When we arrived, we were assigned a room on the second floor. The room was rather small and dark though it was clean, well-maintained, and equipped with all the basic necessities you will need for a short stay. Funny enough, near the window and the main radiator, I felt that the carpet was wet and soaked. I thought it was just a coincidence and I didn't bother to look further. We then left to do city tour around ottawa and we returned late in the evening around 9 or 10 pm. To my surprise, what was a small wet spot on the carpet became a flooding to the point it squeaked when you step your feet on the carpet. My sister immediately called room service and a technician came within minutes. He was probably the best and kindest hotel technician I have ever met. He inspected the window and radiator and apologized for the inconvenience caused. Then out of nowhere, he asked us to stay in the room for a couple more minutes so that he can go downstairs to the lobby and ask the front desk to give us a new room. He escorted the new room key to us and apologized again for the thousandth times. What surprised us was he gave two breakfast vouchers and upgraded us to a bigger room. He even brought our two small suitcases to the new room which was located just around the corner.

The new room was definitely better and welcomed. The bed was much larger, the room had more space, and the bathroom felt larger too. If only I asked the name of the gentleman, I would have asked for him to be given massive christmas bonus on his next paycheck.

Breakfast was held in the restaurant on the ground floor. You could choose from french toast, fruit parfait, scrambled egg, or cereal. No buffet breakfast. I think the voucher was worth $10 each.

So, to sum up, the positives are:
+ location is quite good with lots of busses and taxis around
+ price is reasonable
+ clean and tidy
+ super friendly staff (especially the technician)

the points for improvements are:
+ the room is quite dark. perhaps better lighting?
+ before I got upgraded, my first room was very small

All in all, it was a good stay at this Radisson branch. I don't mind to come back there again :) It was a good value for the price my sister and I paid.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing Queen Street or Bay Street. otherwise, your room will be facing a brick wall a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize about the room we had you in at the start. We really try our best to make our guests stay as comfortable and worry free as possible. I'm delighted you did enjoy our hotel and service. It really means a lot to us here that the service is good. I will pass on your nice comments to our maintenance person and again Thank You! Hope see you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The location is around 20 minutes walking distance from Parliament hill and the associated attractions and around 16-17 dollars via taxi from the VIA rail terminal.
Upul at the front desk was very welcoming and ensured that the check-in was smooth.

The room was cozy and clean. The room had an ironing board, coffee maker, flat screen TV, 2 chairs and 1 desk. The washroom had enough towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash. The marble sink had slightly lower height than usual (ideal for slightly grown-up children). The queen bed was very comfortable and the sleep was fulfulling. Public transit (2 blocks away on the wellington street) is handy to go towards Parliament hill.

TIm Horton's was 2 blocks away (delta hotel building) as well as Starbucks and more restaurants could be found on Bank Street (15-20 minutes walk). Some ethnic restaurants (India Palace) and a bar was quite nearby.

The booking was done through Ottawatourism ($95+tax) and got a better deal than through direct booking from their website

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms away from the elevator, elevator noise was somewhat higher than normal.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is very well situated and is close to all the main attractions that Ottawa offers. The front desk clerks are efficient and very nice and all the staff are eager to help you with a big smile on their faces and in their voice. The room was perfect, very clean (spotless) and super comfy with the sleep number adjustable bed this is certainly a plus. From the room, the view is breathtaking, you can even see the mountains on the Quebec side! Because the Hotel is situated in front of a Church, it is absolutely quiet for a good night sleep, it wasn't noisy at all. The bar-restaurant offers a very good menu with affordable prices. In all, my spouse and I highly recommend this Hotel for different kind of travels, business, couple getaways, family and friends reunions, you get the most beautiful service for a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for the very kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill upon your next stay back to the area.

Happy Holidays.