“conference held at hotel”

Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff at the hotel, especially Keppel, Roberto and Angele were amazing to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone having a conference. Issues will happen at any large conference and they were very helpful in resolving any situations that occurred.

Room Tip: The rooms were very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Hello Luigi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so pleased to hear how well our staff helped you manage your event. We truly appreciate the wonderful feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hosting your next conference.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our Association hosts all business meetings at the Ottawa Sheraton. The location is ideal for our out of town partners and for the Association Staff. The quality of service, boardrooms and food is simply amazing ! The attention to detail make our meetings memorable and productive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello MB,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words regarding our excellent meeting services. It's great to hear how we delivered such a memorable experience for you and your attendees. I will certainly share your comments with our Banquet staff and the entire team.

We look forward to hosting your next event.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and never been disappinted. The location is excellent and the staff are just great.
Greeting at the front desk by Elisabeth was most welcoming. My wife was going to a wedding and had a wardrobe problem. Flora from housekeeping took charge to fix this last minute wardrobe crisis. She went above and beyond to save the day. This level of service from staff is what makes Starwood properties stand out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dccv1

Hello Dccv1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. It's great to hear such positive feedback that exemplifies the outstanding service our staff provides each and every guest. I will certainly share your praise with Elisabeth and Flora, and the rest of the team. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is well located to visit the main sites, many of which are within easy walking distance.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and service was very good.
However, the breakfast was very poor, and not up to the standard of other Sheratons, i.e. Toronto centre.
Anothe example of variable quality standards from the same brand name - not good business practice!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello Grafran,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that your room was spacious and comfortable, and that our location was convenient for you. I am very disappointed to hear how negative your dining experience was at breakfast. We are committed to delivering the utmost level of service and quality to each and every guest. I assure you, this is not indicative of our usual standards. I will certainly share your comments with our Chef and the entire team. Thank you for providing us with this feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've stayed at many Sheraton hotels before, and I haven't been disappointed yet. This is no exception, and is located right in the heart of downtown Ottawa. The lobby is very inviting and clean, and the staff very helpful.
I stayed in a King room on the club level, and it was very spacious and well-furnished. I enjoyed the lounge chair/seating area in particular. The bed was also one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
Breakfast was included with the room and served in the club lounge, and I found there to be a good range of options. I also ate in the hotel restaurant, and had an exceptional meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello RavensFlight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. What a pleasure it is to read your wonderful feedback. Sounds like you had a great stay overall! I'm glad you enjoyed your experienced on our newly renovated Club floors and the Sheraton Club Lounge for breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. We truly appreciate your kind words and your great review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for the month of September on business, check in was quick and painless. Unfortunately, I was not provided with the gold elite welcome, or room upgrade which isn’t a big deal for me but maybe for some. The rooms are all the same, I stayed in a club room during a previous stay at this location and the room was identical to the standard room except on a higher floor. As others have stated there is no view so don’t book expecting that there will be one even if your room is on the 17th floor. Room service was quick and efficient the food was OK for the most part don’t order the crème brule it wasn’t edible. Rooms were clean, well appointed, the TV was in true HD, bed very comfortable, no fridge (maybe available on request I didn’t inquire). Bathrooms were clean but dated and could use a face lift. There’s a decent sized closet for storage which is a good perk for those on an extended stay. Free in room high Speed Wi-Fi provided was sufficient to view emails, access social networking sites, using face time and Netflix. Service tends to be choppy in peak periods or when the hotel was at capacity a little annoying but hey it’s free. I tried the higher speed service one day, its expensive at 15$ for 24 hours and wasn’t worth the extra cost as the service was marginally faster than the free one. There’s an indoor pool on the second floor, no hot tub and an exercise room with decent equipment. Location is excellent a block from Spark Street, 2 or 3 blocks from the Parliament Buildings, Byward market, Rideau Centre just a couple of steps further. Overall enjoyed my stay not sure I would consider returning as such I give it 3/5

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CanSunSeeker

Hello CanSunSeeker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we truly appreciate the feedback. I'm pleased to hear your check in was so quick and seamless, but I'm sorry you did not receive your Gold Welcome Amenity upon arrival. All of our Gold members are entitled to choose an amenity, with the most popular being extra SPG bonus points. If this was not communicated to you during the arrival process, please accept our apology. If you would like to follow-up on this matter, please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager, Ira Saravesi. I'm glad your room was room was clean and well appointed. Although we do not have fridges in the rooms, they are certainly available upon request. It's great that you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in a king room on one of the club floors. With the club floor we had access to the breakfast room upstairs, which was a nice surprise to us, as we hadn't realized it was included. The room was very nice, but lacking a few things (in my opinion) considering the price. There was no mini fridge which was a bit of a bummer for us, as we were travelling with our one year old and like to keep cold drinks ready for him. We did turn our recycling bin into an ice-filled cooler... During our stay there was a problem with the hot water in the building. Not entirely sure what happened, but there was no hot water for a couple of hours. I realize these things do happen from time to time, but taking a cold shower in an expensive hotel room just isn't a great feeling.

The pool at the hotel is very nice! And the hotel is very close to the parliament buildings - a nice quick walk!

As our stay was during the weekend, many of the nearby business and restaurants were closed, as the location of this hotel is surrounded by government buildings (which close fairly early in the evenings and are not open on weekends). There are still a few things open, but we were surprised by how many things were closed.

All in all we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hello Dalyce,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Ottawa. I'm delighted to hear that all in all, you had a nice stay. It's also great to hear how pleasantly surprised you were that your Club level room included access to our newly renovated Sheraton Club Lounge for breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. I'm sorry that you were disappointed that our rooms do not include mini-fridges, but we do have quite a number of them on hand and are available upon request with our Guest Service Centre. Alternatively, we certainly can store items for guests in our main fridge. I apologize if this was not communicated to you during your visit, or if there were none available at the time. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.