Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Lord Elgin(Ottawa)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungevalet parkingparliament hillbyward marketwalking distancebit datedcentral locationroom was largestayed here for one nightheart of downtownrideau centrebusiness or pleasureking bedsparks streetan upgradecomfortable roomsbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had to make a last minute trip to Ottawa and found a good deal with the Sheraton. They were very accomodating and I found the overall experience very good. I would certainly stay with them again. All of my meetings and such were within walking distance which was great.
Next time I hope to stay longer and take in the many sites!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Hello LS,

Thanks for taking time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your quick visit, and we look forward to welcoming you once again. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to explore downtown Ottawa at the same time!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at a very busy time as a lot of families were there like us dropping kids off at university. Check in was speedy and our room was very nice. However, we were invaded by ants and they very quickly moved us the next day to another room. We never ate in the hotel restaurants but the food on the club level was fine, not amazing or anything but sufficient. We parked in the hotel garage and it was fine as was the wifi within the room. Beds were very comfy and slept well. The hotel is walking distance to Sparks St, Parliament and Rideau Centre a great location to set off from.

Room Tip: Check that the room does not have those little ants. We were on the club floor and got access to free drinks breakfast etc.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've had to quickly drop by ottawa for a client in the morning and I've made a reservation through starwood (I'm a platinum member) and barely in 10 minutes I was in my suite. Breakfast was excellent and was fresh. Room is very clean and the view of the city is beautiful. I'll be going strictly to this one next time I gotta stay in ottawa for a night or more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello Jean-Francois,

I am pleased our Guest Service Agents were able to efficiently check you into the hotel and get you settled into your guest room.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great location - everything in walking distance; no noise from renovations; nice quiet hotel; fair size room with 2 doubles but would prefer 2 queens; beds good but pillows too soft; good size bathroom; pool too cool; great price with birthdate sale; love the valet parking; nice quiet air conditioner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello misled M,
Thanks for posting comments regarding your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I'm glad that you got a great deal with our Bith Year promotion. It's always a great idea to check out our Special offers page on our website for any special promotions taking place!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here several weeks ago for one night. I've held off writing this review because I wanted to be sure my hotel experience wasn't tainted by the flight frustrations I experienced in getting from Toronto to Ottawa & back - far more time spent waiting for flights than in the air - outbound delay was due to weather - nothing can be done about that!. Homebound delays were all airline specific - but I digress - this isn't an airline review!

The hotel is in a perfect downtown location - convenient to both my meeting and many of Ottawa's attractions. The staff were welcoming and pleasant and tried hard to accommodate my desire for a quiet room. Indeed, they graciously moved me 3 times. However, there didn't appear to be a quiet room in the house - the first two rooms were on the rear of the hotel above the HVAC equipment - the roar of the fans was unbearable. The final room was on the corner of O'Connor & Albert - streets that seemed to be filled with trucks all night long. And again another set HVAC equipment noise to contend with. I always use earplugs when I travel but even that couldn't combat the incessant noise. All in all, it was a very poor night's sleep.

On the plus side, I had a late dinner in the bar. The server was friendly and efficient and the meal was quite good as well.

Room Tip: if you need a quiet room, stay away from the ones on the rear of the hotl
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mimico14

Hello mimico14,
Thank you taking the time to post an honest, sincere review.

I am truly sorry that you weren't able to get a restful night sleep while visiting Ottawa. In the past two months our Engineering team has been updating all of our guestrooms to assist in eliminating any internal/external noise.