“Excellent Service”

Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've had to quickly drop by ottawa for a client in the morning and I've made a reservation through starwood (I'm a platinum member) and barely in 10 minutes I was in my suite. Breakfast was excellent and was fresh. Room is very clean and the view of the city is beautiful. I'll be going strictly to this one next time I gotta stay in ottawa for a night or more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Hello Jean-Francois,
Thanks for taking time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I am pleased our Guest Service Agents were able to efficiently check you into the hotel and get you settled into your guest room.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great location - everything in walking distance; no noise from renovations; nice quiet hotel; fair size room with 2 doubles but would prefer 2 queens; beds good but pillows too soft; good size bathroom; pool too cool; great price with birthdate sale; love the valet parking; nice quiet air conditioner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello misled M,
Thanks for posting comments regarding your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I'm glad that you got a great deal with our Bith Year promotion. It's always a great idea to check out our Special offers page on our website for any special promotions taking place!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here several weeks ago for one night. I've held off writing this review because I wanted to be sure my hotel experience wasn't tainted by the flight frustrations I experienced in getting from Toronto to Ottawa & back - far more time spent waiting for flights than in the air - outbound delay was due to weather - nothing can be done about that!. Homebound delays were all airline specific - but I digress - this isn't an airline review!

The hotel is in a perfect downtown location - convenient to both my meeting and many of Ottawa's attractions. The staff were welcoming and pleasant and tried hard to accommodate my desire for a quiet room. Indeed, they graciously moved me 3 times. However, there didn't appear to be a quiet room in the house - the first two rooms were on the rear of the hotel above the HVAC equipment - the roar of the fans was unbearable. The final room was on the corner of O'Connor & Albert - streets that seemed to be filled with trucks all night long. And again another set HVAC equipment noise to contend with. I always use earplugs when I travel but even that couldn't combat the incessant noise. All in all, it was a very poor night's sleep.

On the plus side, I had a late dinner in the bar. The server was friendly and efficient and the meal was quite good as well.

Room Tip: if you need a quiet room, stay away from the ones on the rear of the hotl
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mimico14

Hello mimico14,
Thank you taking the time to post an honest, sincere review.

I am truly sorry that you weren't able to get a restful night sleep while visiting Ottawa. In the past two months our Engineering team has been updating all of our guestrooms to assist in eliminating any internal/external noise.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. Service is not the greatest and rooms are just average. Also a little pricey for what you actually get. wouldn't go back or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good location within walking distance to the main attractions. Parliament buildings are about a 10 min walk. The pedestrian only zone was a couple of blocks away.
The hotel is conveniently located across from the world exchange plaza which had a Second Cup, Shoppers dug mart and LCBO, which were handy.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and had all of the usual Sheraton amenities, but is in need of an update. The bed was very comfortable as always.
The salt water pool was recently updated and was fantastic!
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonOttawa, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello JASTTravel,
Thanks for taking time to review your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

It sounds like you took advantage of the opportunity to really visit the downtown core and stop in all my favorite places!

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Desmond Lomas

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights and were so pleased with the location and the room! We stayed on the 10th floor and think it had been refreshed recently. It was a lovely room, large and comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed and pillows were also excellent and we had a great sleep! A nice size flat screen TV and fast internet. The bathroom was also very clean along with the shower. We walked to the Parliament Buildings and Sparks Street Mall where we ate most of the time outside on a patio because the weather was spectacular! We saw the changing of the guards and took a tour of the Parliament Buildings then went back at night to see Mosaica against the buildings! A wonderful day and proud to be Canadian!! The only con of the hotel and any of the hotels downtown is that it was $25 a day for parking but the location was worth it to us! The staff both at checkin and making up our room were very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refreshed room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello GelnJenny,
Thanks for sharing your great experience in Ottawa on Trip Advisor!

I am pleased you had the chance to explore downtown and experience some of the great things this city has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon, perhaps during Winterlude when you can try skating on the Rideau Canal.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was fine. We had a nice room which was clean and seemed to have some recent updates.
We didn't have time to use any of the amenities but they seem to offer the standard Sheraton facilities.
The location is close to many major attractions - Parliment Hill, Rideau Centre, Byward Market, etc which is great.
Overall, the service was ok - not terrible but with some room for improvement.

• Stayed: August 2012
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Hello Whatremains,
Thanks for taking some time to comment on your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope on your next visit you'll have the opportunity to visit our new Club Lounge or Sheraton Fitness Center.