Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
$289
$152
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
$146
$133
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungevalet parkingparliament hillbyward marketwalking distancebit datedcentral locationroom was largestayed here for one nightheart of downtownrideau centrebusiness or pleasureking bedsparks streetan upgradecomfortable roomsbusiness trip
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller to Ottawa and a SPG Platinum member. I typically stay at the Sheraton Ottawa for it's proximity to my office and my clients. Each and every week the people are friendly, rooms clean and the lounge delivers a great continental breakfast.

The room service/restaurant is also reasonably priced and the food is quite good.

The only downside to this hotel is that the furnishings are getting a little dated in the rooms. While they have the LCD TVs and the Sweet Sleeper beds the bathrooms and furnishings are getting a little dated.

That being said for the rates you typically get for these rooms and the location you can't beat the Sheraton.

3  Thank SuperDave15
SheratonOttawaHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Hi SuperDave15,

Our team sincerely thanks you for your warm comments.

The Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is well located in downtown Ottawa, and we are pleased to have genuine associates who are happy to welcome you.

As an SPG Platinum guest, we hope you've had the opportunity to experience our new Club Lounge.

I look forward to connecting with you on your next visit to Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The lobby in this hotel is practically non-existent. The fitness room and pool are well equipped, bright and spacious. The club lounge is pleasant and the continental breakfast is fine. The rooms are not luxurious but decent and the television is small for the room size and hard to see over the sleigh bed but the bed is comfortable. The bathroom is small. Service was pleasant. Overall expensive for An Ottawa hotel.

Hello Carole,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experiences at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I am pleased that you've had the opportunity to visit our redesigned Core Performance Fitness Center, and recently upgraded Club Lounge.

I notice that you stayed on a Club Guestroom floor, so included in your Room rate was access to our Club lounge with evening hors d'oeuvres, and Full Continental Breakfast in the Morning. These upgraded guestrooms do have sleigh beds, and you do have to sit up on the bed to watch your favorite programs on the 37 inch LCD.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I attended business meetings and stayed in the hotel. The lobby is very small, you can't park your own car - valet parking only, the food provided at the meetings was okay - although the cookies and squares were pretty good, My room was large, comfortable and clean. The hotel is very close to many museums and other attractions, good restaurants, shopping, the Rideau canal and parliament buildings - walking distance. Nothing really unique here - plain but convenient.

1  Thank MarvelousGreenMtnman
SheratonOttawaHotel, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Hi MarvelousGreenMtnman,

What a unique user name! Thanks for posting your comments regarding your recent experience at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

I have to admit, I am a huge fan of the Chocolate Chip cookies, and after a couple I usually take a quick afternoon walk past Sparks Street mall to the Parliament buildings, then back past the Rideau Canal. It's a brisk 15 minutes!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

All the Best,
Rosanna

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I made a trip to Ottawa, Canada's capital. We have been in most the major cities in Canada, but not the capital. We made the trip over the Columbus Day weekend, which is a holiday in the US.We stayed in the Sheraton, great location, very nice hotel. Hotel employees were great.
Rooms very clean. We were walking distance to all of the downtown attractions. If, we make another trip to Ottawa, we would definitely stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 52787John

Hello 52787John,

Thanks for posting wonderful comments about your stay at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife on your next visit to Canada's Capital. Perhaps in May during the Tulip Festival, while the Tulip blooms really brighten the city.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

I booked this hotel last-minute for a new year's trip. The service at reception was great - efficient, friendly, prompt. My room was right by the elevator, however, which could not be helped due to the last-minute nature of my trip, but it did result in a slightly louder experience - I could clearly hear people entering and exiting the elevator, and talking as they did so (I could hear all the words said).

The bed was stunningly comfortable and modern, and was the best part of the room. The room was clean but most of the decor (including in the bathroom) was tired. It faced an office building that was, fortunately, empty due to the holidays. However, I still shut the curtains because anyone in the office building could look directly into my room.

The location of the hotel is not fantastic, but decent. It is by the financial district, which is not a lively area at night, and it is a bit of a walk to Elgin Street. However, it is close to Parliament. If you are looking to party at a nearby club, do not go to this hotel. However, it's good for a business trip or if you have access to a car (which I did) or if you don't mind walking/taking public transit.

Breakfast service was pretty bad. It is not the waitress' fault - they looked grossly understaffed and/or overworked. My tea was brought without my tea bag, and it took about 15 minutes just to even address me at my table. My eggs benedict were lukewarm. But maybe I stumbled upon a rare time where the staff required did not match the patrons marching in for food. The waitress I had was extremely nice, but harried.

I would probably stay here again if I can get the same deal that I got (i.e. $139 for a new year's stay), but at its full price I don't think it's worth it. There are better hotels (e.g. Westin Prince) that you can get for the price of paying for a room at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is non-smoking and not by an elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends