Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
$129
$267
$198
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Breakfast included
$184
$136
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe club loungevalet parkingparliament hillbyward marketwalking distancebit datedcentral locationroom was largestayed here for one nightheart of downtownrideau centrebusiness or pleasureking bedsparks streetan upgradecomfortable roomsbusiness trip
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The hotel is fantastic overall. The location is really great - close to all the attractions. 10 minute walk to Byward Market. Not even 5 minutes to the Parliament Buildings. Concierge was very helpful in recommending great restaurants around the area. My only complaint is that the room decor is a bit dated, but otherwise very clean. Overall a good option.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
SheratonOttawaHotel, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

Our team sincerely thanks you for your warm comments. The Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is very well located and we have extremely attentive associates who are happy to recommend their favourite Ottawa experiences.

We are in the midst of designing a new look for our Sheraton Club Rooms. Once we have some renovated rooms ready we will be happy to share the announcement with you. They will likely be ready in the spring of 2012.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I checked in at around 6 pm on Saturday, August 20th 2011 and I was kindly greeted by the gentleman at the reception. He took the time to get to know me, the hotel guest. I had mentioned to him that my husband and I were newlyweds and we were touring Quebec and Ontario.
The room was spacious and clean and the King size bed, sheets and pillows were very comfortable. I also liked how Parliament Hill was within walking distance.
At about 8pm, there was a knock on the door. The reception had sent up a cheese platter, crackers and red wine. It was an unexpected surprise.
We really had a very enjoyable stay and because of this experience, we will continue to choose Sheraton Hotels during our travel plans.
~ Bonnie and Thomas, Toronto, ON.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your Sheraton Ottawa Hotel experience with us. We hope to welcome you back on your future wedding anniversaries.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My b/f and I stayed at this hotel Aug 18-21/11. The hotel location was within a short walking distance to Parliament Hill and a 10 min walk to Byward Market. You walk past the Rideau Centre enroute to the market. We went to the Museum of War by bus which was across the street from the front doors. Bus #8 took us to the front doors of the museum at a cost of $3.25pp. The return bus was a short walk of one block to the bus depot and again at the same cost. The bus ride was all of 10 mins each way. The hotel restaurant offered good food and the staff was very friendly. The front desk staff was very helpful with information for pulbic transportation and directions to anywhere you want to go. Although parking here is valet service only and the cost is $25 per day, please understand that this hotel is located in the centre of town, conveniently located to many of the popular sites. If and when we return, this is where we will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
SheratonOttawaHotel, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for your kind and insightful comments. We hope you got a chance to enjoy our new Sheraton Fitness Centre Programmed by Core Performance. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel soon to check out our soon to be reopened Club Lounge which is undergoing a complete make-over.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had one night in this hotel and really liked it. It felt smaller than most Sheraton's and was very friendly and homely. The location was very good- within walking distance of Parliament & the Byward Market. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was good but nothing spectacular. I loved the little gift shop downstairs- it had some unusual things and was very affordable. I would stay here again and definitely would return to Ottawa- it's a fantastic town !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
SheratonOttawaHotel, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Ottawa. We would welcome further feedback as to what we can do to make your breakfast experience even better in the future.

We appreciate the time you took to give us your review.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel last weekend since the hilton in Hull, qc was all rented (we went to a show at the casino du lac Lemay) so we decided to stay at sheraton since the name is known and we are pretty picky in cleanliness of the rooms we stay in. Overall satisfied with the room, location (footsteps away from the parliament and rideau centre) but took like 20 minutes to check out, at valet parking which is 25$ a night, service was unbeleivably ridiculous, there was an old man and some other guy getting vehicles, we were like 7 people lined up on the sidewalk waiting to get our cars, they were so slow or understaffed that there was a car lineup taking half the block waiting to checkin valet parking, some 40-50 year old man came to wait in line, waited like 10 minutes with everyone else and took a 20$ bill out of his wallet and went to the old man working as a valet and gave him the 20$ tip and boom his car was out before all 7 of us that had been waiting in line for like 20 minutes at that time, on top of that I called from the room like 10 minutes before coming down to ask valet to get my car in advance and since the phone call it took a good 35 minutes minimum to get our car, we were planning a nice relaxing dinner at the casino before the show, we ended up rushing dinner it was very disappointing!!! Also, no breakfast included??? We stayed in hotels in the middle of nowhere and they all included minimum continental breakfast, we went to the buffet to grab a muffin and coffee, the medium coffee was over 3$ we paid but weren't expecting it, we went to get a muffin for the road and this woman came and asked if she could help us, we said not really just getting a muffin for the road, she said it's not included, I said are you serious? With attitude She was like no no it's not included I said ok then and left and she said as we walked away well you can take a muffin but normally it's not included I told her it's ok you can keep your muffins it was like 11:30am at the time, they were about to throw them in the garbage anyways... Overall, if I had a real enemy in my life, I would consider it being too cruel to recommend him this hotel, plain ridiculous!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Oilers25
SheratonOttawaHotel, Director of Sales at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the fact that you noticed how clean our hotel is. As you also pointed out, our location lends itself to being within walking distance to a lot of Ottawa’s major attractions.

We are sorry that your experience with our contracted parking service was not a positive one. We passed on this feedback to them. We are very confident in the service that the parking company provides, although we recognize that they did not meet your expectations at this particular time.

Rates for our traditional rooms do not usually include breakfast nor do those of our major competitors. However, we do have a few options to include breakfast in your rate. Rates for our Club Level Rooms include a deluxe continental breakfast and evening hors-d’oeuvres. We also have Bed and Breakfast packages for our traditional rooms. In order to book this you would need to select “Promotions & Packages” under” Rate preferences” from our website.

Thank you once again for your review.