$124
$170
$124
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$161
$144
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$183
Hotelpower.com
1,611 results
All reviewsrideau centrealbion roomsbyward marketgreat locationparliament hillbreakfast buffetwalking distancefront desk staffking bedjunior suiterenovated roomrooms are smallhotel lobbycentral locationtwo blocksdecent hotelheart of downtown
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Overall a very pleasant stay at an excellent hotel. The only minor irritation was that reception desk staff were clearly under instructions to give priority to incoming calls on their desk phones, rather than to clients standing in front of them.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nicolas G, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear 169geraldv,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community and we definitely do appreciate the feedback. I do apologize if there were issues with our front desk agents being on the phones and their priority is definitely the guests in front of them. I will share the review with our colleagues so that way may continue to improve our serve.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed September 22, 2017

We were in Ottawa for the Army Run and selected this hotel mainly for it's proximity to the start line and finish area. We found the room to be very spacious and comfortable with fantastic views. The room included a safe and a fridge, both of which were great as we needed to firstly leave belongings in the room while we ran and secondly, eat a specific pre-race breakfast that we purchased the night before. The room and the hotel were very clean. We found the pool and Jacuzzi a bit small but enjoyable known the less. We would absolutely stay here again next year when we race again!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear Allie514,
Thank you for such a wonderful review and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The army run is always a great turn out and such a fun crowd that we look forward to welcoming everyone back year after year.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

First off, the hotel is in a good location near the Rideau Centre, Parliament Hill and the Byward Market. That is it's biggest plus. The hotel is located in a very congested corner where the Rideau Centre parking lot and all the buses tend to jam up. We were on the 8th floor and still got considerable road noise as we overlooked the parking lot exit. The room itself (we had a Next-Gen Room ...whatever that means) and it would be best described as small and Spartan. It was in fact the smallest hotel room that I've been in, in decades. There is no artwork or wall decorations and the bathroom is so ridiculously small that if anyone else tried to get in while you were on the can, they'd knock you out.

The pool area is adequate with limited seating for your clothes. Though there is a change room (for 1), there are no lockers or storage compartments.

But worst of all was the extra charges...that nickel and diming that I find deplorable. The room itself was twice the price of the average hotel room, but in addition there were those BS marketing fees etc. and when a friend of mine called the hotel the call was immediately directed to the answering service so I had to call them back (for an additional charge). I called the front desk to enquire why the call was not directed to my room when I was in at the time. After numerous rings they answered and said that they didn't show a call coming in (yeah right).

On our last night I stopped into the bar for a drink and after a considerable wait, a server took my order. I ordered a simple margarita and they told me they could only do it straight up or on the rocks, not as a slush (the common version). When the drink eventually arrived, it came in a short old fashioned glass, not a proper margarita glass, had salt messily smeared across the rim and the cost was $11 !!!!! If you're going to charge premium rates, you should learn how to make a drink that fits the bill.

I've included some pictures of the room and note that the Novotel is a "pretender", definitely not in the class of other luxury priced hotels

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank MikeV57

Dear MikeV57,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I do apologize for the issues you encountered. I have shared your comments with our team and we are looking into how to make the issues better so the issues do not arise again.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in January. On the first night it was ridiculously cold in the room and it was quite noisy. They moved me to another room and offered only minimal compensation for my inconvenience and only after me asking for it. I don't think it's acceptable in general.
It seems to be a nice hotel, but I will not stay there ever, because of this experience and the general sense that they don't care.

Stayed: January 2017
Thank Andriy V. S

Dear Andriy V. S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in January with the TripAdvisor community. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you encountered as well that we were no proactive to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We do value your feedback and will share the issues with our colleagues to ensure similar issues do not arise again.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

This was our first time to Ottawa - I was there for a work conference and we wanted to stay a few extra days to explore the city. We got a great deal on the Novotel through TravelZoo, and it included their complimentary breakfast buffet. We were thrilled with the hotel. Service was excellent and our room was very nice. Not huge, but plenty of space. The bathroom was very modern and had a lovely shower. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast buffet was very nice - held in a very nice room with lots of seating. We appreciated the more unique options, and especially the lovely jam selection.

What really made this hotel stellar was the location. We were almost across the street from Byward Market, and only about two blocks from the Parliament Buildings, etc. We would absolutely recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again if we are lucky enough to visit Ottawa a second time.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Nicolas G, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear yusqueya,
Thank you for such a great review! It is always greatly appreciated to receive such positive feedback from our guests and we do thank you for taking the time to share it. We are very fortunate to be in such a great location that caters to everyone's needs. I am glad you enjoyed your stay as well as The Albion Rooms restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Nicolas