“Nice place and conveniently located”
Review of Novotel Ottawa

Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
vancouver, BC, Canada
“Nice place and conveniently located”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter and I shared a room on a recent trip to Ottawa. The hotel is situated just as you enter the downtown area from Hwy. 417 so is convient to get to. I like that Novotel uses duvets instead of bedspreads because I know the duvet has been freshly laundered. (I shudder at the thought of how infrequently bedspreads are cleaned.) The room was pleasant and the decor modern, but on the small side, which wasn't a problem for us as we were just there to sleep so didn't spend a lot of time in the room. We were on the second floor and were concerned that the traffic noise would carry through the walls, but it didn't. Check-in staff were very friendly, efficient and pleasant to deal with. The hotel also has computers available for use in the lobby which would be helpful for finding your way around the city and getting other information. On the negative side I was surprised that the room didn't have a dresser. However, this wasn't a problem for us since we were only there for one night. As others have mentioned the location is superb for sight-seeing and wandering Byward Market. Overall, I liked staying there and would do so again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Capricorn49,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted that you left our hotel with pleasant memories.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance. We are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Novotel.

Novotel Ottawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Right near everything - if you are looking for convenience of location, this is the place to stay. Just steps from Byward Market, shopping, etc etc.

The room is normal sized, the bathrooms a bit annoying. The doors are frosted glass and open INTO the room in a french door style. There's not much room to start! And they don't shut tightly, so if you happen to like privacy, you won't be pleased, there is a gap under the doors.

But overall, it's a clean modern hotel room much like a Hampton Inn & Suites, and we were perfectly comfortable with a king bed, a small sofa, table and chair, built in desk, small closet and safe. The staff were pleasant and the new bar in the lobby looks very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sheburns,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important. I am delighted that you left our hotel with pleasant memories.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at the Novotel Hotel. The 1st time I stayed at a Novotel hotel was in London, England, the Novotel London Tower Bridge. I had an agent do the booking for me so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was only to spend one night in London so I wasn't too fusy about the accommodation. It was just for the one night but boy did I wish I could've stayed longer. When I reserved my room at the Novotel Ottawa I knew exactly what to expect, I didn't even bother checking the reviews on trip advisor, their standards are impeccable. The hotel has a well lit contemporary design lobby (as a matter of fact all of the Novotel hotels are).The rooms are set up just as well. The staff was very friendly to us. Which is quite essential on a vacation. We will be staying here again! Oh and did I mention I was chauffeured to the airport and around London the next morning in a Mercedes S500 at no cost after I told the staff how bummed out I was about not having time to check out the city ;-)

• Stayed August 2013
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Dima M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location, close to shopping, sights, boat cruises, byward market, gallery and much more! Got a CAA discount which was nice. Small rooms and no fridge but that was ok. Hotel has a pool, hot tub, sauna & exercise room.

Overall, I'd stay again.