“Walking distance to everything, luxury”
Review of Novotel Ottawa

Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Oshawa, Canada
“Walking distance to everything, luxury”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This clean, efficient, modern hotel is in the heart of the city, literally walking distance to everything. Right across the street is Rideau shopping Mall, and minutes away from byward market, parliament, canal, Notre Dame, Art gallery and more. The staff were so accommodating, and super nice. The room was clean, with luxurious sheets and pillows, best sleep ever. We really enjoyed the fact that we could sit on the chair and couch, watch t.v, or use our computers. The bathroom, wow, loved the shower, so modern!!! Didn't want to leave, had such a great time!!!!

Room Tip: The 5th floor is where the pool is, so if you want quick access, that's where you should stay. T...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Marina D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Ottawa.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.Your comments will serve as encouragement to our team members!

We are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Novotel Ottawa. Please do not hesitate to recommed us to your friends and familly ;- )

Novotel Ottawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Really nice hotel. It was quiet and clean. Would go back there again. Mini bar was expensive and restaurant in hotel was very expensive but food was great. We could walk to all the places we wanted to visit. Had a great weekend,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Dorothy L,

Everyday we are work very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Novotel Ottawa.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently visited Ottawa, ON CA and choose Novotel from priceline for three night stay $85 per night. I am not quite satisfied with my experince -

Here are the things I would rate negative -

1. Being an Indian I took good amount of frozen food and wanted a Microwave which is usually avaiable in most of hotels.. I beleiv I even checked fr the same while booking hotel (Not sure if I dropped). After reaching hotel I asked for Oven a mini fridge. They said they do not provid n room. They had a very small fride - I had never seen such a small fridge before and It was their minibar. I removed all prefiiled stuff and tried to store my frozen food. It did not fit in it.

While asking for room service to heat-up my food - I was asked to brig my stuff to frontdesk as they had a microwave there. I did that once but it was looked very ugly yo unwrap food take a plate and g thru the elevator :( wait alongwith food in queue for front desk ...I could not do this again personally.

I would say it made my stay quite uncomportable stay due to no microwave and Fridge to heatup anystuff :)

2. The view from room was not at all good.

3. It was avery small room with no balcony with it - I felt traped in a box. I did not like the placing also. The door stopper was in middle of the floor and did hurt me 3-4 times.

4. Room service not not good.

Here are the things I would rate positive -

1. Location of Hotel was good - in front of Redeau Center Mall and close to market.

Thanks
Harish

Room Tip: If you need a microwave or fridge - Its not a place to be.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harish K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. Exceptional service is what we strive like to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my most sincere apologies.

We are hopeful that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

stay here a lot, their suites are great, staff is friendly and its right in the heart of downtown. the bar makes perfect rusty nails as well! the lobby was updated and looks amazing, their convention rooms are really modern and trendy looking, great place to book a business party.

Room Tip: the suites arent that much more, and really worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jason w,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family!

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

While not offering the luxury of European Novotel properties, the Ottawa location is quite good overall, a little better experience than many other three-star hotels. The rooms are relatively new and nicely decorated, and while not large, are adequate for two people. Some of them are lacking in terms of the view. One big plus is the level of cleanliness, well above average. The staff is also helpful and professional.

The location, on the east side of downtown, is excellent. Parliament Hill is less than a 10-minute walk, the Rideau Centre mall but a block away and the Byward Market only two blocks.

One complaint is the wireless internet service, which is very slow and intermittent. The wired access from the rooms is also relatively slow but at least reliable.

Overall we were impressed and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bill P,

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayeed at this hotel a few times over the years becasue of the location to the Byward Market and Parliament Hill etc.. We bring our mountain bikes with us and the hotel always lets us store them in their storage room which is makes getting around very convenient.
Rooms are nice and clean and serve the purpose. The only downside is that the price of the breakfast buffet is ridiculous- $14...but, there are other choices of places to go very close by..not a big deal. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room high up as traffic noise is audible all night long.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear WOODY2266,

Did you know when making your reservation directly on the Novotel website you can prepurchase your breakfast at a discounted rate?

Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Novotel Ottawa twice for work. I really like the fact that it is a newer hotel, very clean and modern. I had a standard room which was very nice and clean, comfortable bed, but it was a bit small. It had everything I needed a desk, bed and washroom but it felt very cramped. Room service food was excellent. They have home-made truffles which everyone must try! So ahhhh-mazing. The only complain I have is that the location is a bit off from the downtown Ottawa area/ By-Ward Market area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Anita E,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Ottawa. I am surprised to read about your dissatisfaction concerning our location, as we are right in Downtown Ottawa, with easy access from the Queensway (Highway 417) and across the street form the Rideau Center. As a reference, Google maps indicates a 4 minute walk from Novotel Ottawa to the corner of George street and William street.

I will definitely let our Concept Chef Stephen know about how you enjoyed the truffles!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family!

dannyponte@novotelottawa.com