“Clean Rooms, but breakfast not so great...”
Review of Novotel Ottawa

Novotel Ottawa
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights during the Winterlude celebrations, the place is clean, but the buffet breakfast was not very good, despite the extensive selection, everything was either over cooked, or simply tasted like it was freezer burnt. I would suggest to go outside to have breakfast to a place like "Chez Cora".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Novotel Ottawa

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel, check-in was easy, room was clean, staff was friendly. However there are a few things that, in my opinion, were very poor.
1. I had ordered the breakfast option with my room and had prepaid for the option. When i asked at the check-in for some details about how it works, and where it is, I was told that I did not have that option. (even though I had prepaid 30$ for this) I actually had to show them print out of my charges to prove that the breakfast option was included..
2. On th website, it was stated that check out time was 5pm on sundays (complimentary) Seems the staff was unaware of this policy since they told me I was chardged half a days charge for checking out late... I had to wait for them to sort it out with managers.

Besides theses 2 problems, I was happy with the hotel, however would not stay there again because of the miscommunication between all the staff and what the website promises.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hailey_156
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Novotel in Ottawa from December 28th 2012 for 3 nights in a Suite and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed.

The suite was nice and so was the washrooms. The front desk staff and cleaners were all very friendly. Parking sucked at $20 or so a day (but that's what you get for downtown Ottawa).

This will be my go to hotel when we're back in Ottawa.

The pool change rooms could have been a bit cleaner but it didn't bother me too much.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the suite as they were really roomy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good hotel - very central. Parking is $23/day extra. If you park on the weekend, just pay the parking lot $8/day instead of the hotel's $23. WiFi didn't work for some reason and hotel staff didn't seem interested in looking into why. Not too big an issue, but a bit annoying I couldn't use the tablet. Instead they have some Macs downstairs which are internet connected. Pool was well used by the kids.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ralph_Hoflich
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I attended a conference held at the Westin Hotel, however it was booked up so I chose to stay at the Novotel across the street. I had stayed here two year prior attending the same conference, and it was under renovation. The rooms have been updated, and are very nice for the price of the room. Breakfast was very good offering continental and full buffet options, along with a la carte selections. The restaurant staff was attentive, and very courteous. Although it was *very* cold out, a short walk across the street gets you into the mall and conference center. walk through the mall, and it takes you into several blocks of very good restaurants. The only negative I can say is the the fitness center is small and is shared by an adjacent hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the interior are very quite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pjriccio
Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Though my first impression was not very great about the hotel but soon i started liking the hotel.There were no bell boys to carry the luggage to the rooms.But a staff from the front desk help us reach our rooms.I know it is a budget hotel and has limited services but bell boy i guess is a must for every hotel.Now for the room ,the room was very neat and clean,also spacious.Had a nice Kings bed with good washroom .The Hotel has a nice indoor swimming pool which can be used in winters also.The location of the hotel is also very central you have the bay-ward and other markets just 5 mins walk from the hotel.Overall i recommend this hotel for a stay if you are in Ottawa the capital of Canada.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same i guess.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family