“Clean & Very Comfy Capital Visit”
Review of Novotel Ottawa

Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It's a bit of a traffic disaster in the area of the hotel but we found our way around the construction eventually. Prompt & friendly attention at the front desk, keys, parking & greeting with no complications. I was surprised at how empty the Trio Restaurant was given the excellent quality of the food, our meals were well prepared and tasty, even my husband ate his veggies. We had a very busy schedule and appreciated the quiet of the room and firm comfort of the the beds at the end of our days. This was our first time at Novotel and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear rustybroad,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Ottawa

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is my favourite place to stay in Ottawa.

I travel to Ottawa for business and I find the Novotel consistent an reliable. It is located right downtown so ease of access to Byward market and many restaurants, about 20-25 minutes to the airport. Only about ten minutes drive to Hull Quebec. Steps from the Rideau Center.

The rooms are very clean, no bad odours or damage. The bed is always comfortable.

The only thing I do not like about this hotel is parking is not included. It is metered parking but if you pay an extra $20 you can park, one night coming and going as you please. Ask at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear jam1king,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Although i did not stay at Novotel, but went for their breakfast buffet which was very tasty and cost $48 for 2 plates.

3  Thank Katheee
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I was in Ottawa for business and stayed at the Novotel for the first time. It was fairly nice and the room was spacious. I really slept well, comfortable bed and very silent room/floor. I also enjoyed the fact that the room was equity with an integrated fan which would create white noise for a good night of sleep!

The only thing I thought was bizarre and hostly did not enjoy is that there is no bed sheet between you and the comforter. I understand that the was the cover but it just did not feel right.

I had breakfast at the restaurant and thought they has a good selection. The food was good. Perfect location for those of you who would like to shop or have meetings at the conference centre (and the rooms are cheaper than the Westin). I would come back to this hotel anytime. 15-20min from the airport and around 35$ for cab fair from the Airport.

• Stayed: November 2012
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear ismonavie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Upon request, we gladly prepare the beds with a top sheet and a blanket. Please advise us of your preference on your next visit. Also, please feel free to contact us with any special requests.

Our relationship with our guests is very important to us. Thank you for your review, we hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to better serve you soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed there from November 19th til 22nd. It's the staff that make this a great place to stay. There is no one that is not too busy to help with any concern whether it's big or small. It's located mere steps from the fantastic Rideau Mall but more importantly it's a 2 minute walk to Byward Market and 10-15 minutes from the Parliament buildings. The first night I did not sleep because my room was too near the air conditioning vents outside of room. I kindly asked to be moved and within 5 minutes I was in a new room on other side of the building. This is a great place to stay. The rooms were clean. The bed was very comfy. My only complaint and it's a small one is that there was no tub and only a shower. It was a beautiful shower however I enjoy a nice long soak after a long day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Capette123,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good hotel in an excellent location in downtown Ottawa close to the Byward market, Parliament buildings, Rideau Canal etc.very quiet building. A comfortable clean room and good beds. Room was a little smaller than normal but overall I was pleased and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Retired424,