$115
$112
$205
Hotels.com
  • Pool
ByWard Blue Inn(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$117
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa(Ottawa)
1,532 results
All reviewsrideau centrealbion roomsbyward marketgreat locationparliament hillbreakfast buffetwalking distanceking bedjunior suiterooms are smallhotel restaurantcentral locationmodern hoteltwo blocksheart of downtownles suitesunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Some of you may remember my previous experience at the Novotel Toronto where my wife was accused of raiding the mini-bar. We never did receive an apology from the hotel concerning the rude front desk behavior.

Well, I've just stayed at the Novotel Ottawa and the hotel and staff more than made up for the Toronto experience. The facilities are mostly modern and well designed. Check in was the fastest I've ever experienced. The lobby is so nice, you want to chill out there. There is some ongoing construction taking place but it was never intrusive.

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom floor has a laminate wood finish and is quite handsome. I would suggest either changing or redesigning the guestroom doors as the old oak finish didn't go with the hotel's more modern design.

All in all a great place to stay, convenient to Byward Market (5 min) and the Parliament Buildings (10 min)

Room Tip: As I usually do, request a room away from the elevators so you're not disturbed by the comings and goings of other guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear bob d,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience at Novotel Ottawa restored your faith in the Novotel brand.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed there for one night this week-end. It was our 1st time in Ottawa and this hotel came recommended. It is indeed extremely central, you can park your car downstairs and walk around town. You're right in front of the Rideau Centre, 2' from Byward Market and the Parliament, 10' from the Museum of Nature.. The front desk staff is very friendly, the rooms are small but nice, very convenient (not a square inch is wasted) and quiet. I stronly recommend to order the buffet breakfast which is amazing (and free for children under 16 staying with adults)!! You can have eggs, bacon and sausages; fruits, danish, different sorts of breads, muffins, fresh fruits... you just name it. Should we go back to Ottawa, we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Laurence_Brussels,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at the Novotel Ottawa on business. The main floor seems to be still undergoing renovations but the room was nicely finished. Convenient location next to the Rideau Centre and the Market. Small room but fine for 1 on business travel. Very quiet and clean. I liked the extra security of needing a room key to reach a guest room floor. I also liked the shower although the shelf for shampoo etc was very tiny. My main complaint is that I did not like the "European" style bed - e.g., no top sheet. However, apparently I was not the only one as they provide a top sheet in the cupboard that you can add yourself. They said they wash the comforter between guests. Nevertheless, the bed was comfortable and it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
NovotelRM, Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while travelling on business. Our proximity to the Ottawa Convention Centre, DND headquarters and Rideau Shopping Centre make us an excellent choice for downtown travelers.

Our duvet covers are consistently removed and cleaned after every guest has departed. The cleanliness of the hotel is one of our primary concerns. The construction you noticed is for our new bar and restaurant. This construction is taking place in our former patio area so our guests can still enjoy our current restaurant and bar, Trio. We hope that we'll see you again when it opens next year.

Thank you again for your time and attention, we look forward to seeing you one your next trip to Ottawa.

Mark Thompson
Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference for work. From the friendly and helpful front desk staff to the clean and comfortable room, I had a very pleasant stay. The only negative was how far away the pool and exercise facility were from my room. It was at least a 5-minute walk and a shared facility with an adjoining hotel. I didn't try these facilities so can't comment about them.

As this was my first trip to Ottawa, I spent most of my free time being a tourist in this amazing city. With everything in walking distance, the hotel is in a perfect location - close to the parliament, Byward Market, the Rideau canal, malls and restaurants. I also loved the modern decor and music welcoming guests in the hotel lobby. I was even allowed a 2-hour extension on my check out which was very helpful. While a bit on the pricy side, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay again!

1  Thank MindyMinor

Dear MindyMinor,

I am very happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. Our next door location to the Ottawa Convention Centre certainly makes our location very convenient. I’m also pleased to hear your trip wasn’t all work. With the ByWard Market, Rideau Shopping Centre and Parliament Hill so close by, it’s easy to mix business and pleasure when you stay at Novotel Ottawa.

Our fitness facilities will be undergoing a facelift in the New Year with a complete renovation of the space. If you prefer to be close to the gym, please let us know when you make your next reservation and we will assign in that area for you.

Thank you again for giving us your thoughts, I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Ottawa.

Mark Thompson
Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is very centrally located and close to attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed and pillows were great. The decor in the lobby is modern and not to my taste, but it doesn't really matter. The service at reception was efficient and friendly. The only issue I had was with the lighting in the room. Some of the lights worked only some of the time, but overall this is a minor thing. I could have called to have it fixed, but I didn't bother. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Tulip64,