“Location, location and oooh what a breakfast!”
Review of Novotel Ottawa

Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed there for one night this week-end. It was our 1st time in Ottawa and this hotel came recommended. It is indeed extremely central, you can park your car downstairs and walk around town. You're right in front of the Rideau Centre, 2' from Byward Market and the Parliament, 10' from the Museum of Nature.. The front desk staff is very friendly, the rooms are small but nice, very convenient (not a square inch is wasted) and quiet. I stronly recommend to order the buffet breakfast which is amazing (and free for children under 16 staying with adults)!! You can have eggs, bacon and sausages; fruits, danish, different sorts of breads, muffins, fresh fruits... you just name it. Should we go back to Ottawa, we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Laurence_Brussels,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ottawa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at the Novotel Ottawa on business. The main floor seems to be still undergoing renovations but the room was nicely finished. Convenient location next to the Rideau Centre and the Market. Small room but fine for 1 on business travel. Very quiet and clean. I liked the extra security of needing a room key to reach a guest room floor. I also liked the shower although the shelf for shampoo etc was very tiny. My main complaint is that I did not like the "European" style bed - e.g., no top sheet. However, apparently I was not the only one as they provide a top sheet in the cupboard that you can add yourself. They said they wash the comforter between guests. Nevertheless, the bed was comfortable and it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
NovotelRM, Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while travelling on business. Our proximity to the Ottawa Convention Centre, DND headquarters and Rideau Shopping Centre make us an excellent choice for downtown travelers.

Our duvet covers are consistently removed and cleaned after every guest has departed. The cleanliness of the hotel is one of our primary concerns. The construction you noticed is for our new bar and restaurant. This construction is taking place in our former patio area so our guests can still enjoy our current restaurant and bar, Trio. We hope that we'll see you again when it opens next year.

Thank you again for your time and attention, we look forward to seeing you one your next trip to Ottawa.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference for work. From the friendly and helpful front desk staff to the clean and comfortable room, I had a very pleasant stay. The only negative was how far away the pool and exercise facility were from my room. It was at least a 5-minute walk and a shared facility with an adjoining hotel. I didn't try these facilities so can't comment about them.

As this was my first trip to Ottawa, I spent most of my free time being a tourist in this amazing city. With everything in walking distance, the hotel is in a perfect location - close to the parliament, Byward Market, the Rideau canal, malls and restaurants. I also loved the modern decor and music welcoming guests in the hotel lobby. I was even allowed a 2-hour extension on my check out which was very helpful. While a bit on the pricy side, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay again!

1  Thank MindyMinor

Dear MindyMinor,

I am very happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. Our next door location to the Ottawa Convention Centre certainly makes our location very convenient. I’m also pleased to hear your trip wasn’t all work. With the ByWard Market, Rideau Shopping Centre and Parliament Hill so close by, it’s easy to mix business and pleasure when you stay at Novotel Ottawa.

Our fitness facilities will be undergoing a facelift in the New Year with a complete renovation of the space. If you prefer to be close to the gym, please let us know when you make your next reservation and we will assign in that area for you.

Thank you again for giving us your thoughts, I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Ottawa.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is very centrally located and close to attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed and pillows were great. The decor in the lobby is modern and not to my taste, but it doesn't really matter. The service at reception was efficient and friendly. The only issue I had was with the lighting in the room. Some of the lights worked only some of the time, but overall this is a minor thing. I could have called to have it fixed, but I didn't bother. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Tulip64,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wonderful experience
Extraordinary services, desk staff were so helpful, they were ready to offer their help at all the time.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Novotel is located short walk from the By Market. You don't need to use your car because the attractions are not far away from the the hôtel . The Check-in as fast and easy . The room was clean with a king size bed . The restroom have only big shower without bath but was ok.
You have a resto and bar in the hôtel . We don't use the gym and the inside pool .

If you search a place in Ottawa center , It's a good place to stay for short term and in front of the Novotel you have shopping center .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Danny P, Front Office Manager at Novotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear McMcMontreal,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is ok, room is average service is average, I wanted a bath tub but only the 2 doubles had bath tub. we had a room with a king & shower. I did not like the lobby decor too modern for my taste. I would stay here again if I had to. Hot tub was not working and too many people in pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear west154992,

We appreciate all of the feedback you’ve given us concerning your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that the hot tub wasn't working properly during your stay and that your room and service were not up to your expectations. We strive to give the highest level of service to all of our guests to ensure a memorable experience.

If possible, could you contact me at the hotel so that we could discuss things further? Please call our toll free number and ask for my office. I look forward to hearing from you.