“Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Ottawa”
Review of ARC The Hotel

ARC The Hotel
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I arrived late after a marathon 28 hour trek from Sydney, Australia. I was greeted very politely (it's Canada after all) and got to my room with comparative easy.

The room was tidy (though I did notice in the morning that the carpet way dirty, but it was also a very light beige - not the best colour for a high traffic area...) and the bed very comfortable. There was a free bottle of water and a green apple too (restocked each day).

The room was big enough to work in but small enough to feel cosy, and even though I was facing the street (Slater Street) I wasn't woken by any traffic noise (I was on the 4th floor).

The 'gym' is very small, but kind of standard for smaller hotels. There is one treadmill, one elliptical trainer, one step machine and one exercise bike - all older models but all functioning. There's also a weight bench and a rack of free weights (along with filtered water).

I didn't eat at the hotel as there are many options in Ottawa, but I would have eaten there at some point had my stay been longer (I spent three nights there in total).

The hotel is centrally located and I was able to walk to most tourist attractions and business meetings (downtown Ottawa is very flat).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad A
Colin M, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as, our unbeatable location. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future

Write a ReviewReviews (1,280)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great price for the location. Small rooms, but nice. Dog friendly - and they don't charge you a pet fee! Some staff are a bit snooty but others are very nice. Valet parking is the only option unless you want to park in a lot yourself.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing ARC The.Hotel and for writing your valuable feedback. These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was looking to stay at a boutique hotel in Ottawa and already tried Indigo so I was very happy when I got to stay at the Arc last weekend. I managed to get a good price via Hotwire so was feeling good about that!

It was easy to find, we got there around 6pm on Friday night and at that time you can park for free on the street. We managed to get a space just down the road, 1 minute walk.
Loved the you get a flute glass of something bubbly when you check in...really who does not love that!

We were on the 6th floor on the side of the hotel which had zero view (which was a shame) I know none of the rooms have great views but would have been nice to see more than a brick wall! Also note there is no free internet in the rooms only in the lobby..I thought that was very cheap when so many hotels do free internet in the room.

Never the less, the bed was super comfy, mattress was firm and the pillows were heavenly soft, everything was modern and clean. The staff provide a turn down service with free water delivered, an apple and 2 chocolates...nice!

The hotel is nicely situated, its not far to walk to parliament hill or to Elgin street for a great selection of restaurants.

Thumbs up for the Arc.

Room Tip: Ask about the view when you book in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

The management of ARC The.Hotel appreciates you choosing to stay with us and taking the time to leave feedback on your trip

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at Arc in August for a last-minute weekend trip to visit friends. I chose it for the price and location. I was easily won over when I was offered a glass of sparkling wine when I arrived. The room was clean and spacious with a super-comfy king-sized bed. The turn down service included chocolates, a bottle of water and a Granny Smith apple. Another convenient perk was the Keurig coffee machine in the room. My only complaint was that WiFi access in the room was an extra cost. Other than that I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

We are grateful for your gracious review of ARC The.Hotel. Our management is proud that we are able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Ottawa

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Perfect for a weekend trip to Ottawa, close to the parliament and about a 15-20 min walk to the Byward Market where all the action is. Hotel boutique style, friendly staff, rooms are clean and trendy, atmosphere is quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We are always thrilled to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and this is no exception

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Arc to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we stepped into the hotel the service was amazing! We were greeting with a glass of sparkling white wine, and they took out bags and parked our car right away. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. In the evening there was a turn-down service, where they put out bottled water, chocolates on the bed, and left an apple. The Kurig coffee in the room was delicious (and they even offered tea), with the best part being real milk and cream in the mini-fridge. Truly the highlight of our stay was when we were surprised by the delivery of a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate truffles (absolutely delicious!) – completely complimentary to congratulate us on our anniversary.

We used to live in Ottawa, so were familiar with the area, but were still very impressed by how central Arc was. We used the valet parking and walked everywhere: less than 10 minutes to parliament & the National Arts Center, about 20 minutes to the National Art Gallery, 25 minutes to the Glebe.

The only items I can critique from our stay was that the walls were a little thin (light sleepers should bring ear plugs), and that the ice machine was not working on our floor – these minor things did not put a damper on how much we enjoyed staying at the Arc. Our room wasn’t huge, but it wasn’t too small either, there was more than enough room for two people.

I would recommend Arc for a romatic getaway or for people travelling on business. We hope to stay there again!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our time at ARC. The hotel was well kept, small but well done rooms, and amazing breakfasts. The best experience we had came from Howard, who worked the front desk in the evenings. He recommend to us great restaurants each night and was spot on each time. The restaurants were small bistros that the bigger hotels probably would not know existed. That is why we enjoy staying in boutique hotels as great service like that helps folks like us from out of town have memorable visits.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wes C

ARC The.Hotel would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Ottawa