New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Cocktail party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our office has hosted several cocktail parties at different venues in Canada but never has our experience been so easy and pleasant in organizing such an event.
Nadine Tremblay the catering and event manager and the staff at the Arc where wonderful to work it!
Throughout the evening we only heard positive comments from our guests and colleagues about the food and the exceptional and friendly customer service that the Arc provided to us that evening. We would not hesitate to book another event at the Arc.
Anna B

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and complimentary review of the ARC The Hotel. We are thrilled that our associates and facility were able to exceed your expectations. We are proud to be your hotel of choice in xcityx and look forward to welcoming you back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Arrived very late to the hotel after a delayed trans-continental flight. When I woke up I noticed the carpet was stiff and stained, and the bathroom really wasn't clean. I'll spare the details but suffice to say if I was alert enough I would have gone back down to the front desk for another room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your comments and vital feedback. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and your experience will ensure we do just that.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Convenient downtown hotel, nearby everything at a very reasonable price!! Kristina our sales manager was very helpful with reservations and provided a very great deal! Thank you very much! We look forward to visiting the ARC hotel again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to stay at the ARC The.Hotel.
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I don't normally stay at The Arc Hotel when in Ottawa but due to a late reservation and my usual hotel being booked up at all their reasonable rates, I opted for The Arc. In a previous visit, I had a much smaller room that was over-furnished but this time I had a beautifully appointed big room with lots of space and a luxurious bathroom with a great tub and a massive shower head. The bed was very comfortable, on par or better than my own bed which is pretty hard to beat. I'd come back just for the great night's sleep I had.

There were a few things that I didn't like but not so much that they would dissuade me from returning. The bathroom has no heater so in winter it could get much colder than it was in mid-November when I was there. Room service was inconsistent. One day breakfast was akin to something you'd get at a greasy diner but the next day it was much more in line with the kind of hotel it is. It was good and made up for the day before.

Other drawbacks are not enough room at the front of the hotel to pull in and drop off and pick up people as the taxi-cabs hog the space and make no bones about honking their horn if they feel you've encroached on their territory. Also there are several steps up to the lobby from the street so if you have a lot of luggage or are disabled, you will find it challenging. There is a doorman but he was never there to assist when I could have used the help.

The hotel is located in downtown Ottawa but it is close enough to walk to the Market area where you can find lots of places to eat and to shop. In a pinch there are a couple of Starbucks within a block plus other fast food places like Subway and Tim Hortons.

The service was pleasant and efficient. I would give this hotel a 3.5 stars but since there are no half stars, I've opted to go with 4 as it is closer to that than a rating of 3.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the brick wall of an adjacent building. If you don't care for views, it was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review ARCThe.Hotel.. We are glad you were able to enjoy all our hotel has to offer
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you are in need of a stylish space for your wedding and reception, look no further than the Lounge at the ARC The.Hotel! Nadine Tremblay, the Catering and Events Sales Manager, went WAY above and beyond the call of duty and made our special day absolutely perfect - she kept the ceremony and reception - and us - on track! The food was spectacular, the staff extremely kind and helpful, and the space chic and sophisticated. We stayed overnight and our King Deluxe room was incredibly appointed. Our guests, too, had a wonderful and relaxed time. My husband and I have no complaints or regrets about choosing the ARC - it was truly memorable! THANK YOU! Christopher + Éric, Ottawa

Room Tip: Some of the King Deluxe rooms have a HUGE bathtub - be sure to ask and take advantage of this featur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
ARC The.Hotel would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your first anniversary and sooner if the opportunity presents itself.
Montreal, QC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

As my husband and I walked into our reserved room we thought it was a studio apartment - it was so big. Great service from beginning to end however the hotel stated it had valet parking and when we arrived, it took a while for "valet" to show up. Great location, oober-size bed and futuristic bathroom (personally). As others stated the price was high but for 1 night, I think we deserved it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at ARC The.Hotel and would like to thank you for leaving a glowing review. We will look forward to your next stay with us.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I actually very much enjoyed my stay. One night, reserved online with my credit card and paid my night debit. To my dismay, a month later I get charged $258 on my credit card!!! I call, and they claim I made a reservation and never showed up, which was NOT THE CASE!!
So, I call management, thinking this is a simple accounting mistake and can be fixed. No...I must take it up with my credit card company! They will not re-imburse me.
Be careful!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. I have investigated your concern and discovered that you made two separate reservations for two different dates in two different months. The charge that appeared on your credit card was for the second date where we held the room and no one showed. You had provided your credit card number to guarantee the reservation. I am sorry that you felt this charge took advantage of your situation. I would be happy to discuss this with you should you require further information.