“Nice service business hotel.”
Review of ARC The Hotel

ARC The Hotel
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“Nice service business hotel.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Staff welcomed us with glass of sparkling champagne on house and rooms were very clean. Newspaper was delivered to door but ac was too loud and couldn't turn it off so I was freezing in the room. Small fridge in the room was useful as well. Lastly dont pay for valet parking there's $7 parking across street.

• Stayed September 2012
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. As General Manager, your comments are invaluable to me. I look forward to welcominig you back when you next visit Ottawa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We slept one night and went for breakfast the next morning. Awesome, the food was delicious and the service was great. I would strongly recommend this hotel to all! Very well situated, great atmosphere, very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your sincere comments about ARC The.Hotel. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your say with us and would recommend us to other visitors to Ottawa.
montreal quebec
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We only stayed one night but really liked this hotel. Nice room, comfy bed, nice bed linens and bathroom. Didn't eat in the restaurant because there were so few items on the menu. Well located downtown. No parking nearby and $25. valet parking available at the hotel. Friendly staff, quick check in and a welcome glass of wine is such a nice touch. We got an excellent rate through Exedia. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review ARC The.Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will be sure to share your comments with my guest services team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

It was overall an ok stay , but nothing special and "boutique hotel"
bed: comfortable
bathroom : very small
view: terrible
the only thing that got me "excited" was the body milk by thann in the bathroom

Room Tip: ask to not have a wall of brick in your window
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
We are dismayed that you had an average experience. We hope you will come visit us in Ottawa in the future, so we can improve your opinion of ARC The.Hotel.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

An interesting 'boutique' hotel well positioned in Ottawa to see the various sights.
Rooms are good sized however the bathroom is the size of a telephone box.....small!
Because the hotel is located on a main road it gets noisy when works take place in the evening for the various offices opposite so maybe ask for a room at the back. Valet parking is efficient but at C$30/night somewhat expensive. The hotel seems to be staffed by young Canadians who seem to now what's around the area and are all very polite together with the housekeeping staff who beat the standard I get in many European hotels.
Wifi is chargeable however it's free in the lobby along with free coffee and tea but......impossible to connect so try Tim Hortons or Starbucks nearby instead.
I liked the water, apple and chocs as part of the turn down service.
Overall a very good stay helped with great weather.

Room Tip: Choose one at the rear....there is no loss of view as there is no view anywhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Your feedback is welcome at ARC The.Hotel. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future
Montreal
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Spent one night at this hotel on a Friday night in August. Small lobby area with friendly check-in, complimentary champagne upon check-in. For the first time in my life, I’d used Priceline to make a reservation given that I ended up with a “boutique hotel” with so many different room types, I was mentally prepared to get the smallest room, worst view, and probably a smoking room despite my strong preference for non-smoking. Well, two of those three were true. Despite being on the 7th floor (room 714) and non-smoking, the room was very small (smaller than I’ve had in Asia), the view was literally of a brick wall next door with no chance to see anything. It was a connecting room, but noise from the (occupied) room next to me was not an issue.

Bathroom was small but not too small, it was fine. Waterpik showerhead (the kind you can buy for $40 at Home Depot), good water pressure, and it was clean. Towels seemed brand new and were great. No real complaints here, but don’t expect luxury. Toiletries were nice, although for some reason I only had one bar of soap (for both the sink and the shower).

Room itself was nicely appointed and in pretty good shape. Nice décor, lamps, I found it bright enough even if I needed to work. Bed was a Queen and extremely comfortable, I was impressed. The biggest problem I had here was with the noise from the hallways. Even with the AC fan on providing some white noise, the constant doors opening/closing plus occasional people talking made for a very difficult night’s sleep. It was my first time in a hotel room where there is no obstruction/wall/partition between the bed and the door. So when in bed you have nothing blocking the sound, which was something I hadn’t thought of but it made a big difference.

I’d recommend this hotel to those looking for a clean room in a central location in Ottawa, and I’d suggest booking one of the larger room types. If you’re expecting a luxury hotel, you may be disappointed depending on your expectations. For families, it would depend how big your room is, but with so many connecting rooms and noise from the hallways, you’re likely not going to feel very comfortable in this hotel with young kids, especially if they’re loud. For business, the desk was nice and it was fine, but again… I wasn’t able to sleep through the night and wouldn’t have wanted to have to wake up for an early morning meeting on that night’s sleep.

I’m accepting of the room I got for the price I paid, but I wouldn’t put this in the same category as many of the Montreal boutique hotels, nor does it have many of the amenities of a larger 4-star chain hotel, nor does the building give off any sense of history or unique Ottawa appeal. It’s nice, the people were nice… I just wouldn’t go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MTLSteve
Thank you for your detailed remarks. Your comments help us increase our learning and give us the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pleasant, subdued decor. Comfy bed. Didn't love the pillows but had my own. Breakfast was included and was tasty but the service we got was unimpressive. Had to ask twice for butter and jam. Free parking is nice but, as it's valet, be prepared to tip.

I'd definitely go back for comfort and location.

• Stayed August 2012
ARC The.Hotel would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Ottawa.