“Ok boutique hotel”

Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Canada
“Ok boutique hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although I've been to Ottawa several times, this was my first stay at this hotel. I chose to try this hotel because of the price, that fact that it was categorized as a boutique hotel and its close proximity to the marathon start line. First off, the location is excellent: travel by bus (97) to and from the airport was convenient and easy, Byward Market, Parliament, Rideau Centre, everything was in 10-15 min walking distance. The room was also quite nice (especially for the price; lower than the average boutique hotel): the bed was extremely comfortable, the turn down and cleaning service without any issues. We were on the second floor in the corner facing an office building and parking lot (which was fine with us). Perhaps because of the size of the room, noise from the hall (for instance, other hotel customers leaving their rooms and chatting) was way too easy to hear - luckily, we had pretty quiet (running?) neighbours). The bathroom is way too small and the sink was impractical - water accumulated around the faucets.

Staff was generally fine except for the confusion that we had when we checked in about the free wireless Internet that was were supposed to receive because we were members of "I Prefer": I had to ask for it specifically (even though I had booked through the I Prefer site), then call them once we were in the room because they forgot to give it to us - at which point they told us that our membership wasn't active? We went down soon after to doublecheck that we had not been charged, and at that point, another staff handled our concerns efficiently.

We ate lunch at the restaurant - the food was good but not really worth the money, in my opinion. $17 for an omelette and side salad? Room-service prices were along the same lines.With all the dining options nearby, I am not sure how they justify these prices for lunch.

Check-out was uncomplicated and friendly.

The hotel was good for the price. I would not go back if they were to charge more ($200+)

1 Thank garp1233
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your comments and vital feedback. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and your experience will ensure we do just that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Livermore
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights at ARC on a business trip. From the moment I walked in I felt welcome and comfortable. The staff was always ready to help. One evening I stopped at the front desk to mention that the remote for my TV wasn't working. Then I headed to the bar for a drink, and the remote had been replaced by the time I got back to my room.

The decor is cool and modern, though understated. My room was a reasonable size for an urban hotel. The window looked out on a blank brick wall across an alley. I didn't mind, but considering the hotel's location I doubt that many rooms have a good view.

The location is convenient for public transit and many downtown offices and government buildings. The restaurants and nightlife at Byward are a little farther but still within walking distance. There's a fitness center in the basement with the usual assortment of machines, although one them wasn't working during my stay. If the weather is good, there are also some good places to run nearby.

Overall I was happy with my stay and will certainly consider ARC the next time I visit Ottawa.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John M
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as, our unbeatable location. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here over the Victoria Day long weekend. The price is a great value for the location. The room was small, but very clean. The hotel had all the amenities you would need.

The staff was fantastic- and very accommodating. We forgot to take off the Do Not Disturb sign on our door when we left for the day- and the staff had the place cleaned for us when we remembered at 8pm that night.

The bed is very comfortable. We got a great rest.

We will definitely be back when in Ottawa next.

1 Thank arti s
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
The management of ARC The.Hotel appreciates you taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. We sincerely hope on your next trip to Ottawa you will choose to stay with us again
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Arc Hotel for 3 nights. We're there for a business trip. Upon arrival, the reception was pretty fast and they appeared very helpful and friendly. They welcomed us with a glass of Champaigne, however there was only one person taking care of valet parking and in concierge area. Therefore we had unload and carry all the luggages by ourselves with no help available. We're told that parking is in an indoor gate secured area but later we found out that is in a very tiny lot right in back of the hotel that vehicles are Crammed into each other.
Our room was in the 2nd floor facing the street right next to an office and a meeting room with lots of noises both day and night. During day time, meetings were taking place and a big table located in hallway for refreshments which creating noises from early morning. As well, the noise from street particularly garbage trucks kept making us up from 6 am. Unfortunately due to being over booked, they couldn't accommodate us with another room.
The room we had was nice, clean (except carpet needed change) with comfy bed. Honestly no complaint about room itself, however both days we didn't have housekeeping service till late in the evening and we had talk to the reception about it.
Breakfast was good and there's a lounge serving till 10:30 pm. Location was great, walking distance to all attraction and downtown restaurants.
Overall good experience but next time I'd probably look for other options in the same price range.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MaxNel
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on ARC The.Hotel. All reviews are taken into consideration by our management team to identify areas of improvement. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and hope for the opportunity to welcome you back when you return to Ottawa.
Toronto
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Arc The Hotel offers sleek minimal chic decor along with friendly service. Location is ideal for visiting tourist attractions like the Parliament Buildings, Museum of Civilization, War Museum and National Arts Centre, all walking distance.

The Arc Lounge offers a better level of cuisine than most hotels with some delightful brunch offerings, in particular the eggs benny. I am a coffee snob so I walked to Bridgestone, an Ottawa chain of coffeeshops, for my morning coffee.

Some nice touches in the attractive rooms include a nightly turndown with chocolates, a bottle of water and the hotel's signature green apple in a mesh bag.

1 Thank Saturday27
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
ARC The.Hotel would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Ottawa.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Enjoyed a great night out in downtown Ottawa at ARC the.hotel.

The hotel location is perfect for access to many downtown Ottawa landmarks (Parliament Hill, Rideau Center, Rideau Canal and Byward Market to name a few).

Enjoyed a fantastic meal in the ARC lounge! The lamb is awesome!

Room was clean and the bed is SO comfortable.

Highly recommended!

ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
ARC The.Hotel is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to your next stay with us
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was in town from NYC for a sophisticated seven-person bachelorette evening and stayed at The ARC. The evening started in the private social/library room of the hotel where we had a private server who brought us delicious cocktails and delectable appetizers (duck rolls, pulled venison burgers, sushi, and steak tartare on crisps). The social/library room is sexy, clean, quiet and modern. Later in the evening when I walked into my room, the radio was playing a Zen spa-like tune and a bottle of bubbly was being chilled on my desk! The bed was incredibly comfortable and everything was clean and modern. I even wanted to steal the soap out of the bathroom because it had such a wonderful scent! Turndown service was lovely with a green apple and a chocolate waiting for me. In the morning when I called down for my car, it was out front waiting for me in no time. All around a wonderful place to stay! Try it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
ARC The.Hotel is thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a recommendation of our property and we do hope that you will return on your next trip to Ottawa.