“Nice Hotel, great service, wonderful location!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We had a great time, hotel is well located, we rec'd great service from the staff and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Hi!

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the service you received from our staff! We are really looking forward to having the pleasure of being your host again during your next visit to Ottawa!

Kind regards,

Dominique Paquette
Manager on Duty

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Great hotel that is centrally located in the market area of downtown Ottawa. Friendly staff and super spot to stay if you have business on Parliament Hill. Friendly restaurant staff and decent rates for a downtown hotel in the city centre.

Keg Steakhouse nearby as well as a bunch of other restaurants. A couple of times intermittent wi-fi but aside from that a great stay. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Hi!

I'd like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your feedback! We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our location is ideal if mixing business with pleasure since we are a few minutes away, walking distance, to Parliament Hill! We are in heart of historical Byward Market, so seconds away from great restaurants (such as The Keg!) and other attractions. Also, please know that we are currently working on upgrading our Internet as the renovations go along! Again, thank you!

Dominique Paquette
Manager on Duty

Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have been staying at this Courtyard for a few months while in Ottawa and have found the staff to be very eager to please. The renovations are great and the location is central for business and dining.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I have stayed here several times over the last few months. I love the location and simplicity. It is an older Courtyard undergoing renovations (as are half the Marriotts worldwide). As a platinum, I tend to be given the renovated rooms and upgrades.

I have stayed in the older rooms in the past and they are okay, clean but dated and worn.. not really the new Courtyard standard but they are in the process of renovating them so I am sure they will be when they are done.

The renovations are in the rooms and do not affect the lobby, restaurant or the floors. I have had no impact to my stay due to the renovations.

The staff have been ultra friendly during all my stays but since they are not full service I have not had an need for extensive interactions with them.

The location is great if you like restaurants and bars as everything is within walking distance.

Have had breafast there several times. Nice, simple, easy with friendly staff.

The only thing that stands out for me is the very weak and inconsistent high speed wireless internet. Impossible to work if you need to be online consistently. If you have something important you need to go to the lobby to get good signal. I have changed computers any still the same issues. My co-workers also have made the same comments. The upper floors have minimal signal and tons of IP drops.

In my mind this will be a perfect business traveller hotel hotel once they get the wireless issues fixed and the renovations are done.

As a business traveller, In this hotel class category I would give the hotel a 7/10 in it's current state. If I factor in the poor wireless, 6/10. Hopefully they can get it corrected
sooner than later.

For family travel, based on weekend cost and location, I would give the hotel 8/10.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I Would stay again for sure. Very well located to explore Ottawa. I lived in Ottawa for a year and returned just for vacation. I wouldn't even look around for another place to stay. If you have a car, forget it. You will not need it staying at this hotel. All the touristical sites are close by. I Stayed for two days and only got the car out of the hotel parking to visit some friends that don't live in downtown.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed here for a three day visit to Ottawa in September. The hotel is very quiet, and impeccably clean. The service was very professional and personable. All of the details taken care of like I would expect at a Marriott property. There was ample underground parking, with easy come and go during the day and night. It is conveniently located next to the By Ward Market place, near excellent restaurants and within easy walking distance to Parliament hill and the National Gallery. They have an excellent buffet breakfast with my favorite--make your own waffles. The staff was pleasant and professional with free cookies every afternoon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank JerryB11
Reviewed October 25, 2010

All in all a great hotel. It's your typical Courtyard, very comfortable, and clean, but no particularly remarkable features. Pretty reasonably priced for Ottawa, and its location is secretly the best, as its the only one directly in the Byward Market. This is the most vibrant part of the city, with over 300 shops, restaurants, cafes, and market stands within a couple minutes walk. (This is its only downfall, on the weekends, the very vibrant bar scene can be noisy and the street noise very noticeable on Dalhousie St) Its only a few blocks to Parliament Hill and the other major attractions on Wellington and Sussex. We only once used our car all weekend because everything was a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family