Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown
$129
$267
$198
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$103
$170
$124
Hotwire.com
  • Fitness center
All reviewsbyward marketgreat locationyork streetwithin walking distanceparliament hillinside roombeaver tailottawa downtownrideau canalfront desk staffmarket areahotel is locatedshort walknational galleryrestaurants and barsquiet roomunderground parking
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Their friendly staff make your day every day! I really enjoyed their helpful attitude! Very refreshing to see staff obviously enjoying their job!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2010

This is by far the best spot to stay in Ottawa for easy access to all of the Byward Market stores and restaurants, and also great proximity to the Rideau Canal for skating in the winter, and of course to enjoy Winterlude! An easy 10-15 minute walk to the Canal. The Rideau Centre is also close by for shopping. The small kids pool is great for the little ones. Also a short drive to the Museum of Civilization across the bridge in Gatineau (Hull), which is an excellent spot to visit with small children.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The hotel's location is great, centrally located, we had booked two rooms and total of 6 persons. We basically walked to all the site seeing venues, it was great. The only thing i was disappointed was we had to pay for parking which was $20p/day. Sauna would be a great addition to the hotel. Recommend the hotel for family, everything is walking distance restaurants and nightlife is amazing and safe also.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I was honestly expecting more from this hotel. The location is great, easy access to tons of restaurants and shops.

The walls are paper thin! I could hear my neighbour coughing for hours! The bed wasn't very comfortable either. I had a hard time falling asleep.

The business "table" is located right off the lobby and only has 1 computer, which sucks when someone is on it for a half hour while all you want to do is check your flights. Liked that they had a coffee station (even though the coffee was super bitter) in the lobby as well as a fruit basket.

I lugged my laptop with me thinking I could log on from my room since they offered free internet connection. Was surprised when they only had wireless. When I called the front desk, the agent did not offer to lend me the router and I didn't know that was an option until I read it in one of the brochures the next day. Needless to say, I did not use my laptop the entire time I was there!

For price paid, I bet there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Not only is the Courtyard Ottawa Downtown in the best possible location, situated in the middle of the Byward Market within walking distance of all the best restaurants and shopping, this hotel has great rooms, and is elegant yet comfortable. The personel are more than happy to accommodate us, are warm and friendly and have our best interest at heart. We always feel like valued customers. The rooms are well-maintained, clean and beds are ultra-comfortable. We are in the middle of the action in the market area, yet we feel safe at all times. We love the fact that we can walk around where all the action is and come back to our room to relax. It really is the best value for such comfort and convenience!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carole D
DAB8899, Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2010

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and as well as the Byward Market.
Our location in the heart of the Byward Market, means that our guests have a variety of dining and entertainment options available within a few short blocks of the hotel. It makes for a very vibrant and exciting neighborhood to be part of.
Hope to see you again soon.
Denise