“Good Price, Central Location”

Courtyard Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Alexand
“Good Price, Central Location”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are expecting luxury, don't stay in Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown. HOWEVER, it's a great location and the price is the most reasonable we could find while still remaining central to all the attractions. My sister and I were able to walk all over Ottawa and were conveniently located to everything! If you are there over a weekend, I would ask for a room overlooking the canal, but otherwise the street noise isn't bad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa!

The Courtyard Marriott Ottawa is not a full service hotel, but is still designed to be clean, relaxing and functional for families, short term business travelers and other guests looking for a nice room on a reasonable budget. We are situated in a great location, with so much to see and do all within a short walk! The Byward Market has lots of shops, restaurants, pubs and even a farmer’s market. Being located in such a busy area can sometimes lead to street noise, particularly on the weekends. An inside facing room is a great suggestion for those seeking a quieter environment.

Again, I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travelers! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Two words--- "bed bugs" and if you look out your window and can see the Hard Rock you will NOT be sleeping that night.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank CDNPHIN
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Bed bugs are a serious issue that all hotels work to prevent. Because of this, Marriott Hotels & Resorts has strict policies in place for frequent inspections by an independent third party company. Our most recent inspection was less than one month ago and reported that there were NO BED BUGS at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa.

The Byward Market is a vibrant area with over 100 restaurants and pubs within a few city blocks. This can sometimes lead to increased street noise, particularly on the weekends, so I do recommend requesting an inside facing room for those who prefer a quieter environment.

Again I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts with others on TripAdvisor.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had a great stay at this wonderful location! This was our second stay at this particular hotel. Once again we were not disappointed. The proximity to the Byward market, tourist attractions and restaurants is fabulous. Didn't use the pool facilities due to time factor. The pool looked nice.

Room Tip: Stayed in an outside room. There was some noise from the party people in the street late at night. H...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you giving us your feedback on TripAdvisor!

It’s great to know that we lived up to your expectations on your second stay with us! We are ideally located in the heart of the Byward Market so there are plenty of fun activities and great restaurants to enjoy! I hope you have the chance to try our pool the next time you stay with us. We keep it an ideal temperature so it’s the perfect way to relax and have a bit of fun after a busy day touring the city.

Again I want to thank you for sharing your great experience with other travelers and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and I was very impressed with the personable service provided by the staff. They greeted me by my name, were always courteous and smiling. The hotel was clean (I really liked the clean smell in the hall ways) and I enjoyed the location because I had access to a lot of restaurants and other stores nearby.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and I found it to be a great location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane C
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa!

We’re happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly want our guests to feel like we’re their home away from home! We try to take the time to get to know each of our guests and make sure they’re having a great time here in the Nation’s Capital! Of course, our location really helps our guests do that by giving them so much to see and do all within a short walk! Our staff always has great suggestions on places to eat and things to do, so we encourage guests to chat with us and see what the Byward Market and this wonderful city have to offer!

Again, I want to thank you for sharing your kind words with other travelers on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon!
tolland, ct
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We recently spent a night in Ottawa and were very pleased with out stay. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The room was fine and although we were a little apprehensive about the enormous number of young people checking in as we did, we didn't hear a thing! We were within easy walking distance of all the sites and plenty of restaurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa!

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous location and found our staff to be helpful and friendly! We've got plenty of recommendations for things to do and great places to eat that are all very nearby. The Byward Market is a very vibrant, lively area during the day as well as at night, so we do have policies in place to help make sure that our guests are not bothered by those enjoying the area, particularly the night life. We're glad that you didn't experience any issues with noise, etc... from the group of younger travelers you saw at check-in.

I want to thank you again for taking the time to share your kind words with us and we hope to see you again the next time you visit the Nation's Capital!
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one day and I wish I had stayed longer! Amazing location- you look out your window and your right in the city with an adorable local market surrounding you. The parking is very tight, though, so you should really get there late afternoon or early afternoon in hopes of having a parking space! Yes, they charge a parking fee, but you will find that once you park you can walk almost anywhere in the city from your hotel! Ottawa was the highlight of my trip and I wish to come back and stay at the Courtyard again. The market right outside it is great with fresh food and local artists. Definitely recommend trying out one of the rentable bikes they have in Ottawa and some other parts of Canada (including Montreal) because it is really fun touring the city that way. The hotel has a newly renovated lobby and is very nice. The staff are wonderful and are all very accommodating and quite friendly. All around loved it. Didn't hear the city noise surprisingly!! And OH! Grab a beaver tail while you are there! Just steps away from the hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hannah G
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa with others on TripAdvisor!

It's wondeful to hear that you had such a great stay with us! Our location is one of the best in Ottawa, with over 100 shops, restaurants and pubs all within a few blocks. And the Farmer's Market is great for local, fresh foods or artist's works and is open all summer, 7 days a week, rain or shine! You also make some great suggestions for other travelers, such as trying a Beavertail (a tasty dessert treat I encourage every visitor to Ottawa to try!) or the rentals bikes which are a great way to see the city or bike along the Rideau Canal. I also agree that you're best to walk to most attractions in downtown Ottawa, so that you don't have to deal with downtown traffic or finding parking. In the event our guests do which to drive, our parking includes unlimited in/out privileges. Currently while our parking lot is undergoing renovations, we do offer valet service for the same price as our regular parking so that guests do not have to worry about not having somewhere to park.

I also look forward to sharing your kind words about our staff with the rest of our team! We want each guests to feel welcomed and we're glad to offer help anytime a guest needs it. Our lobby was renovated roughly a year ago so we're glad to hear you like it!

Again I want to thank you for taking time to review your stay and we hope to see you again soon in the Nation's Capital!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean. It's great that everything was close by.
The food was terrible, the presentation of the meal looked like crap. I've stayed at this hotel many times and ate there everytime. But this last time was bad. I have a feeling they changed cooks or it was a bad day for the cook. Do NOT eat there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful location! So much to see and do within a short walk! We also work hard to make sure our rooms are clean and welcoming for each guest that stays with us. As you stay with us frequently, we also appreciate your loyalty!

I’m sorry to hear that this time your food experience in our Bistro was not to your expectations. We do have standards we strive to uphold on every plate we serve. I’d like to ask you to contact myself, Michelle Wilson, or another manager the next time you stay with us so that we can further look into the situation and make sure that you have the type of quality food you’ve come to expect from us.

Again, I want to thank you for giving us your feedback as your comments will help us offer a better service to our guests and we appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa!