“A good place in Ottawa”

Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed May 10, 2011

If Trip Advisor allowed half scores I would have given this hotel a score of four and a half, because really I could find little to no fault at all. It is in a great location, my room (recently refurbished) was terrific and the staff could not have been more helpful.

As a diabetic, I have medication which needs refrigeration and I was particularly impressed, when after arriving and finding no bar fridge in my room and asking the staff if they had a place my insulin could be refrigerated - they delivered a fridge to me in 5 minutes flat!

The only reason I cant give the Courtyard a five is that it just lacks that little something unique that other hotels have

But I'd not hesitate to stay here again next time I am in Ottawa

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I'm happy the Front Desk staff were efficiant and fast to accommodate you with a refrigerator. We have some rooms that have mini-fridge permanently and now that the renovations are completed, we are working on having mini-frigdes in all our rooms! Do not hesitate to contact the hotel before your next stay and we will do everything in our power to assign you a room with a fridge, if not, make sure we have one set aside for you! Again, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again during your next stay in Ottawa!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Have stayed at the Courtyard Ottawa Downtown, many, many times, and just love it. The staff, the rooms and the facilities are terrific. I do quite a lot of travel for my work, and I always feel like I'm coming home when I walk into the Courtyard! Their renovations have just made the hotel that much better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
CYDutyManager, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

We thank you sincerely for your great comment. We feel very proud that we can be your home away from home! I will make sure to share your positive feedback to every department you mentioned. We are also happy that the renovations meet your expectations! Again, thank you and we look forward to have you staying with us soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

the courtyard marriott is usually a good hotel, so I was pleased to find it at a great downtown location (the byward market) for a very reasonable price. I had a good stay overall. it was a huge and comfortable bed (although so big there wasn't a lot of room between it and the rest of the furniture! :)
the night time on weekends can be noisy because it's a trendy neighbourhood with bars and clubs around, but no major problems. staff were very friendly. location was great in terms of getting around in the day time and going out at night. i definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: if worried about noise, talk to reception
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Ottawa and that you liked the hotel! I invite you to contact me directly for your next reservation and I will do everything in my power to assign you a larger room, perhaps. We are indeed located right downtown, walking distance from over 100 bars and restaurants. It is a great area to stay in if you are looking to leave the car behind! You are right: if noise is an issue during your stay, you can always contact the Front Desk. We have rooms that face the Byward Market and rooms that face the courtyard. Again, thank you for your great feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

from the moment I entered the lobby, I felt welcome. The reservations was all in place, and the keys readily available. I was greeted by name a few hours later when I needed to ask for a few things. THe beds were great, the bathrooms new and clean.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your great feedback. We are proud of the work of our employees and I'm glad the Front Desk could provide you with such great customer service! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 20, 2011

This was our second time staying at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa. This time the renovations were done , very cozy and modern. We phoned while en route as we knew check in was I believe 3:00pm and we were arriving around 11:30 am. Rebecca said she would try her best to have our room ready when we arrived, and that she did ! We were greeted with a very warm and friendly smile , a very quick check in and a brief tour of the new lobby and lounge area. Rebecca also informed us we were getting one of the newly renovated rooms on the second floor ! Thanks Rebecca !!!
The room was very clean and comfortable , new carpet and furnishings as well as beds and bedding .
The location of this property is so close to shopping and restaurants you don't need to drive anywhere!
Only a couple of drawbacks their are a lot of homeless people begging for money , some of them very passive and others very aggressive . Sometimes a little intimidating and scary when your with your family just walking down the street to get a bite to eat! If you know how to say no and keep walking for the most part they stop bugging you and go on to the next victim !
All in all a nice comfortable,friendly clean hotel !! Thanks to the staff for going above and beyond !!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comment! We are very happy that Rebecca was able to accommodate your request for an earlier check-in! I will make sure to pass on your great comments to Rebecca. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the final product of our renovations and enjoyed your newly renovated room! We are baby steps away from the Byward Market, from more than 100 bars and restaurants, from great shopping, from tons of site-seeing options... We hope you will be back soon! Again, thank you.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed at the Courtyard in the market last fall and what a change this time, wow I will be back.
The location is great and service is second to none.

• Stayed: April 2011

We are extremely happy our new look and concept meets your satisfaction! We are very proud of all the work and effort that went into making this possible! We'll be happy to have you staying us soon! Make sure you join us for a specialty cocktail in the evening or for a healthy breakfast in the morning! We hope your travel plans will bring you back to Ottawa soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2011

The new renovations at the Ottawa Marriott make it more enjoyable than before. THe fact that it is in such a great location makes it attractive but now it is also cozy if you just care to stay in and relax.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share the positive experience you had while staying with us! We are really proud of the final product of our renovations and extremely glad that the new concept also meets your satisfaction. The Bistro, our new restaurant, offers delicious and healthy breakfast and dinner options. Our guests can kick back and relax in the librairy and home theatre areas or get some work done, enjoying our media pods or communal table! Like you said, the location of the hotel and its cozy new design really offers you the best of both worlds!