I stayed there for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. As far as we can see, the hotel wasn't that busy. In fact, the Gold Floor seemed to be unoccupied for two of those nights, as evidenced by the shut down of the Gold Floor Lounge.
Compared to Victoria Empress, Vancouver Fairmont Airport, Calgary Palliser, Banff Springs, and Chateau Lake Louise, this hotel appeared understaffed. To begin with, the front entrance had no bellmen, and we had to carry our heavy luggage through heavy revolving doors ( the front door had a sign saying " use revolving doors") which has a small window of time to exit before the door slams on your behind. Check in clerk did not have the poise and efficiency of those that we recently encountered at Banff and Lake Louise .
As Fairmont President's Club member, we were given a renovated room which has lived up to our expectation. It is very roomy compared with the Fairmont rooms at others we have stayed, with the exception of Vancouver Airport. The furniture, bathroom were all nicely done in the old world theme. The only flaw is the small old TV , which must be an oversight as it did not get replaced by an LCD like the other Fairmonts. Hallways and elevator area all very grand, as is the lobby area. Oh, there's another design flaw: the coffee maker is just a tad too tall, one has to push down on it to slide the tray back into place. I was disappointed with housekeeping in that they forgot to replenish my tea on Days 2 and 3. Despite asking them on day 2, they still managed to forget again on day3. Another sign of carelessness was the inconsistent number of small towels. Usually at Fairmont we get three, but here one day it's three, the other days two.
This is a nice hotel, once all the rooms are renovated ( we look out into scaffolding during our stay ) I am happy with my stay, but need to point out areas that can be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont