Fairmont Chateau Laurier
$289
$151
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
$146
$133
Hotels.com
3,312 results
All reviewsgold floorzoe's loungepresident's clubbyward marketrideau canalbeautiful hotelclassic hotelparliament hilldeluxe roomottawa riverwar memorialan upgradenational galleryvalet parkingmarket areavisiting ottawalaurier
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Good:
5 stars services - everyone is very helpful.
located beside Parliament hill
beautify Ottawa views
Hugh Hotel
Unlimited entry indoor parking with reasonable price.
Room is big enough for 2 persons.
Free internet
Old classic room.

Bad:
Too busy in the lobby when it has multiple wedding happening.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We have been staying at this hotel, mostly on the gold floor for over 40 years . To us this is the finest hotel property in Canada and the staff are so well trained. The staff on the Gold floor have always been exceptional,anticipating our every need including our favourite room.
It's always a pleasure to return and we anticipate many more happy stays in the future

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Chateau Laurier on my first trip to Ottawa. The location of the hotel is second to none, right beside Parliment Hill and smack in the middle of downtown Ottawa. Close to everything, walking distance to all the attractions and shopping. Our room was HUGE with a desk area, a seating area and a massive and extremely comfortable king size bed. Some nice touches are the wonderful complimentary Miller Harris toiletries and a complimentary morning newspaper left outside your room everyday. All the staff that we came across were very friendly and helpful. The room and hotel were beautiful, the only drawback for us was the shower, it was very narrow and the shower head was ridiculously low, although you did get a good workout on your abs trying to get your head under the shower so maybe it wasn't all bad! Other than that our stay at the Chateau Laurier was everything we thought it was going to be. It added to a pleasant time in Ottawa and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The Chateau Laurier might not be the best hotel in Ottawa, but its very close. You absolutely can not beat the location. I was there with my brother for one night and requested a Parliment view, which we got. We were on the 3rd floor and all though we were facing more the city still had an alright view of the Parliment. The few staff we spoke too were very friendly and the service at the restaurant was excellent. We ate breakfast at the hotel and all though everything we ate was excellent theres still something wrong with paying 25$ plus for breakfast. If you really didn't want to spend that much theres a ton of restaurants near by you can eat at, but for convenience we ate there. The public areas of the hotel are very impressive and all though I found nothing wrong with the rooms they definately need some updating. The room was very clean, but on the small side also.

Parking is only 25$ if you self park, and you can keep your car until 5pm on the day of departure. I think 25$ is very cheap for the location of the hotel they could easily get away with 35-40$ a night. I'm glad they don't though!

Overall worth the extra money even if the rooms are a bit old. The loaction and history of the hotel more then make up for it.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Chateau Laurier for three evenings. We stayed in the upgraded suite section called the "Gold" section, which entitled guests on select floors to a private lounge area. The lounge was fantastic - they served breakfast from 7-10 AM and pre-dinner h'ordeurves from 5 - 7pm. Buffet style, it was included in our room rate. In the lounge you also were able to (at all hours) get coffee, tea or soft drinks.

The room was absolutely fantastic, however our air conditioning seemed slightly on the fritz. They had an engineer come up almost immediately to address it, however the room wouldn't cool down. The room wasn't uncomfortable, however it was at a temperature that I wouldn't have chosen if I had a choice.

The location of the hotel makes it accessible to everything downtown.

The beds are the MOST comfortable that I have ever stayed in, and I ended up purchasing 2 of their pillows because they were truly luxurious.

I would truly recommend staying in this hotel, and also encourage guests to consider the upgrade to the Gold Suites, because of the fabulous private lounge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple