We stayed at the Chateau Laurier for 5 nights. The location is great - minutes walk from the convention centre, Rideau Centre, and really close to Byward Market. The hotel is stunning and you have to take a look at the historic pictures. It is elegant and spacious.
The rooms were good, although, the carpet needed a bit of a steam clean. The bed and pillows were good, but the duvet was not entirely comfortable. But overall, it was pretty awesome. It was great to be close to everything.
We took a walk to tour the mint and also walked to the National Gallery.
Front desk service was great - check in and out was seamless. The older gent at the concierge desk was super cranky though. He made it seem like we were inconveniencing him by asking him to get our bags. (!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont