This was my first visit to Ottawa and I wanted to be close to the main attractions of the city. Arrival was close to noon, check in was fast but our room was not available (I was kind of expecting this due to the long weekend). The concierge desk took our luggage and gave us a map and quick explanation of the city attractions, she gave very helpful information. After a longer than expected trip to the Parliament (right next to the hotel) we returned and our room was ready by now. I would recommend, especially during the winter months to get a deluxe room. What a difference between this room and the standard Fairmont rooms. The room was huge, King bed, computer desk, two bathrooms (one with bathtub and the other with a shower), sofa, two chairs and a table. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint from the room is that sometimes your could hear people talking from other rooms. Windows were small, but the Parliament building views at night was priceless from the 4th floor! If you are not, sign in for the President's Club and you will get free Wifi, newspaper and other special check in/out line. There is an ice machine in every floor
Every encounter with the staff was very positive, always helpful. The best thing of this hotel is the location: You are next to the Parliament buildings, two blocks from the Rideau Centre (mall), 3 blocks from several top rated restaurants. I will recommend stopping by the Milestones Bar & Grill to your left, probably a 20 seconds walk, great dining experience.
You can use the gym facilities which looked nice and modern and also it has a nice indoor pool. Not too many people at the pool, we still were able to grab a lounge chair. The lamps that are meant to provide heat, don't work too well.
The only bad thing I could say about this hotel are the bathrooms. Old room furniture goes well with the whole Chateau theme, but the bathrooms looook soooo old. You can see rust here and there and the shower didn't look like the cleanest one.
Hopefully the next time I go to Ottawa, it will be during the summer months. I know the Chateau Laurier will be top of my list when choosing a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont