We spent 2 nights at the Chateau Laurier over the Canada Day long week-end. We were apart of a large group with a total of 6 rooms. We were booked into the suites on the 4th floor. It was very nice have our own check in on the 4th floor and not with the lines of people in the lobbly. Our room was beautiful and spacious. Just what you would expect of a grand old hotel. Some of the perks of staying in a suite was the wonderful breakfast, coffe and tea served all day, canapes from 5 -7PM and evening sweets. We had some Canada Day fun but when the crowds became too much we could retreat to our oasis and watch the celebrations from the windows. We were also able to watch the fireworks from the terrace reserved for hotel quests only.
I would love to go back again, but maybe not for Canada Day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont