“Treated Royally”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Treated Royally”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here while attending an awards ceremony at Rideau Hall and were upgraded upon check-in. The suite my colleague and I had was on the second floor. We were told by the front desk that the beds had never been slept in - brand new! The decor was traditional yet fresh and contemporary at the same time - lovely mix! The shower head was a double one - for double the luxury! We felt so spoiled by the staff too, who were anxious to know how about our experience.
Heavenly!

Room Tip: The entire second floor has just been renovated and spruced up.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are pleased to hear your feedback on our newly renovated guestrooms.

I hope that you enjoyed the ceremony at Rideau Hall and most prestigious event indeed.

I am glad to hear that we could spoil you on what was surely a special occasion.

Claude J. Sauvé

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days and the service and stay was top notch. Our room was upgraded to a suite which definitely made our stay a lot more comfortable. The front desk was excellent and Michael was nice enough to give us a heads up on the area and when to leave for the hockey game. Will definitely come back next time we visit Ottawa and will definitely like to visit other Fairmont hotels going forward.
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jace T
ChateauLaurier, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and will pass on your complimentary remarks to Michael. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Fairmont Chateau Laurier during a work conference in February- it was winterlude. The bed was extremely comfortable, it was quiet and the pillows the best. We were on the first floor, the room was beautiful with a large bay window and high ceilings. I loved the soaps that smelled like rose. The staff were very nice and tried to be helpful. Use of a computer came at a price, which is usually complimentary anywhere else I have stayed. The TV was not working quite right when we were there- but were told it was because of a new system they had put in. Shopping was close by 10 min walk- very nice. When looking for a nice local restaurant close by- The black tomato was REALLY good. There was at least 10 different things I wanted to try on their menu. I had the basic breakfast buffet in the morning at the hotel- coffee was great and I liked their options- I could be biased since we sat by the window and had a great view of the parliament buildings lightly covered in snow with a slight snow falling- BEAUTIFUL.

Room Tip: First floor was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed for an evening during holidays. Not the first time at this property, enjoyed the room and the decor. Sadly, The service is lacking. Front desk agent was upset because needed a break, as mentioned to other agent, while checking in. The guests in room next to me kept me awake all night, there were large groups of guests on the floor that night, several teenagers as we seen in the halls. Called Front desk to report loud screams and moans, and was told will look into it. This happened all night. Wish they would of switched my room or offered me ear plugs... Follow up with agent next day, they didnt care. Front Desk Manager followed up months later and addressed concerns.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel over the holidays. I am, however, pleased that our Front Office Manager has been in contact with you. I trust that your concerns have been resolved to your satisfaction.

We want you to know that we take these comments very seriously. Thank you expressing your concerns.

We hope you give us another opportunity to show you true Fairmont hospitality.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I organized a surprise birthday party for my wife, with family and friends in Ottawa. People travelled from many hours away to be there. We had a great time at the wonderful Vittoria Trattoria restaurant in the market. To top off the surprise, I treated my wife to a night in a Fairmont Gold room at the Chateau Laurier. As usual, it was great, and the breakfast buffet was as oustanding as always.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. The views are wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank willyg53
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the birthday celebration for your wife was a success!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Traditional Fairmont hotel, not cookie-cutter. Rooms are nicely decorated, main areas too. Gym, pool, and spa very well planned. Restaurant is great, good choices, good prices.

Location is perfect: a stone's throw from Parliament buildings and the Byward market. You can walk everywhere downtown too.

Staff always very courteous and helpful.

Wifi works everywhere.

Parking underground.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too distant future.

Highworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier for one night in March. We stayed in a corner suite overlooking the Parliament buildings. The hotel is very clean, spacious and elegantly decorated. The restaurant was closed for refurbishment during our stay but this didn't impact us at all. The hotel bar is very nice with a good choice of bar meals, beers, wines and spirits. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is centrally located with easy walking distance to historic buildings, the canal, museums, shops, bars and lovely restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple