We visit Ottawa regularly and always wanted to stay in this hotel. Finally having stayed there, we must say we are not impressed at all. This is a very charming building, with the high ceilings, nice fabrics and quality panelling and furniture, but... it is very outdated.
The carpets are escaping the mouldings, the paint is flaking from the ceiling and everything looks very OLD. I guess we were a bit unlucky with our room. It was very smelly! We should have gone back straight away and asked for another room, but didn't. The air conditioner was very loud all night and the alarm clock woke us up at 5 am because apparently the latest guest had set it that way...
No, we will not come back to the Chateau Laurier, unless we hear that they have done a complete renovation of the premises. Until then we will stick to The Westin...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont