This was a three-day work-related trip. I booked my one-bedroom suite online which indicated check-in was at 4pm, but I was able to check-in a few hours earlier which was very useful. If you want to use the pool, exercise room, outdoor patio or children's playroom, you'll need a separate access card which I had to go back to the front desk to get because I didn't get it initially. The pool is good for short laps and has "adult only" hours early in the morning and late afternoon during the weekdays which is helpful. The outdoor patio can be accessed from the pool, but you aren't supposed to bring food or drink to it. I found it useful for morning work because there are tables and umbrellas and it is a cooler spot to be in the morning. The balconies are a decent size, but are noisy if you also have the a/c on, which is understandable. The a/c noise inside the room is not an issue and circulates well inside all parts of the suite. The kitchenette is well-equipped as is the whole unit. The only surprise as far as amenities go, was that the bathroom options were 'motelish' as there was a soap dispenser in the shower stall and nothing else. Blue liquid was supposed to serve as both body soap and shampoo? Not even a bar of soap at the sink? Fortunately I always bring my own, so it wasn't a major issue.
The service in all areas was super, great check-in and -out, friendly with questions always being answered. Housekeeping was consistently pleasant, helpful and efficient. The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel comes highly recommended, but my work demands meant working meals generally, so I can't offer a personal opinion. Because Elgin Street is right there, many options exist
The exercise room has a decent amount of various pieces of equipment. There is no "business centre" beyond a computer in a little cubby beside the ATM machine, but the front desk will help you with printing and faxing needs. I like that each floor has a laundry room with reasonably priced washing and drying machines, and just a stone's throw away is a reputable dry cleaners.
It was raining at check-out, but there were two taxis waiting outside, so getting to the airport is not an issue. The wifi service was consistently good enough for Netflix streaming, as I don't watch regular TV anymore, and other digital downloading.
The location downtown is excellent for nightlife, dining (beyond Elgin St) or shopping at the Rideau/Downtown/ByWard Market are all within a reasonable walking distance as are a number of tourist attractions, should that be your reason to be in the city.
Yes it is an older building, more noticeable when on room floors, but this is why the price is more attractive. A kitchenette means you can save on some meals so that you can go to better restaurants when you do eat out. Overall the room/suite is a good size and well-equipped/furnished, I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Cartier Place Suite Hotel was honoured with the 2016 Service Excellence Award from major online travel websites. The hotel has also a 3 Green Key eco-rating. Proud to be family owned and operated, the hotel is a short walk to Parliament Hill, the Ottawa Convention Center, the ByWard Market and City Hall. You will find our pet friendly accommodations in a quiet downtown neighborhood, located one block from the historic Rideau Canal and the trendy boutique area of Elgin Street. Always a favorite among families and business travelers alike; the hotel offers 250 spacious one and two bedroom suites, including VIP suites with Jacuzzi, Business Suites and Penthouse Hospitality Suite with a roof top patio and beautiful city views. Each suite features a full kitchen, separate bedrooms, combined living/dining area with a private balcony. Deluxe meeting and banquet facilities feature floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook our gardens. Guests may also enjoy the games room, children's playroom and the only downtown hotel with a private outdoor garden patio complete with playground and shuffleboard court. The indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room and the friendly atmosphere all contribute to a memorable stay. Whatever the reasons for your stay, there's flexibility and a willingness to meet your needs at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, as soon as you step in the door, you will know you are welcome. Suite dreams await you... here." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Cartier Place Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cartier Place Hotel Ottawa
- Cartier Place Suite Ottawa
- Hotel Cartier Place Suite